[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr 99

• keoghh
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.33) Q:club: , 9:diamond: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.56, MP2 folds, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.61) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.18, BU raises to $1.92 (All-In), Hero calls $0.18 (All-In).

River: ($4.89) 4:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.89

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a straight, king high (Kc Jc)
      Hero shows (9h 9s)

BU wins with a straight, king high (Kc Jc)
  • 4 replies
    • cyclist52
      You're trying to get it all in and you did. Once you bet the turn you are pot committed so calling the last few cents is a given.

I think you want to play with this guy more and hope he keeps calling with gut shots without the correct implied odds.
    • keoghh
      This is what i thought initially after/during the hand, i wanna get it all in.

But now i look back, Td on the turn is basically one of the worse cards to come, if hes drawing this basically completes both straight and flush draws, looking back now i think i should either shove flop, to get value from straight/flush/combo draws. Or if not check/fold turn - check/call depending on bet size.
    • holmeboy
      I think check/fold turn is bad. Someone playing 65/18 with AF 7.5 could be doing this with top pair, two pair , Adx or Jx with a diamond. Assuming you check and he puts you allin on turn the pot is almost $3 and you'd need to call $1.36. If he has hit, which he did here, you still have 10 outs: 1 for quads and 9 for fullhouse.

Just my two cents.
    • veriz
      Hello keoghh,

Flop: Being in such a multiway pot rather bet yourself here than Check/Raise it and even so small. If you even do Check/Raise then you should definitely do it bigger ~$0,80 even which is near pot size. :)

As played
      Turn: You can as well just ship it here, not much you can do. He may still hold even worse hands from which we need to protect. Another option of course would be to Check/Call to let worse to bet but I doubt that such a guy would lay down any hand which called on flop anyways.

Best Regards.