This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Ad 9d

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed) -> I used Texas Grab Em, why does it say FIXED-LIMIT ? the game is NL ofcourse?
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 9:diamond: . BU posts a blind of $0.10.
      5 folds, BU checks, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 8:club: , 8:diamond: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, BU folds, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls.

Turn: (23.00 BB) J:club:
      River: (23.00 BB) 4:heart:

Final Pot: 23.00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ 8h, Ah ]
      Hero shows [ Ad, 9d ]
      SB wins the pot ($3.35) with three of a kind, Eights.

Is my push for flush her okay? According to sss, you have to push all in, when you have OESD or Flush draw? But here is also a danger for full house, so It's better to ask you :)
      Btw, why do you have to push on OESD and top flush draws, it is aproximetly 2:1 shot (isn't it?). Wouldn't it be better for me to also just check, and to get a free card, rather than raise, and then push all in? I had an idea that someone holds a set. Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      Btw, why do you have to push on OESD and top flush draws, it is aproximetly 2:1 shot (isn't it?).

Ok, get it, you also get twice the money lol :) , but still is it okay to push on a board that is also a full house draw ?
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      O_o

Play SSS on NL!

To answer your question, it's because when you hit your draw you're more likely to get paid off but also because there is a strong possibility that villain will fold to a bet and if you get called you still have many good outs.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      I got freeplay, I was big blind. So techniclly I played SSS O_o
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I'd still be tempted to bet with 2 overs and a nutflush draw. Heads-up I definatly would.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Is my push for flush her okay? According to sss, you have to push all in, when you have OESD or Flush draw? But here is also a danger for full house, so It's better to ask you

reread the article. You play draws aggressively only in raised pots. In unraised pot you should play draws passively - check/ call or fold according to the odds.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      oops, you're right. thanks for warning me