[NL2-NL10] NL10 Ad 9d

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed) -> I used Texas Grab Em, why does it say FIXED-LIMIT ? the game is NL ofcourse?
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 9:diamond: . BU posts a blind of $0.10.
      5 folds, BU checks, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 8:club: , 8:diamond: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, BU folds, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls.

Turn: (23.00 BB) J:club:
      River: (23.00 BB) 4:heart:

Final Pot: 23.00 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ 8h, Ah ]
      Hero shows [ Ad, 9d ]
      SB wins the pot ($3.35) with three of a kind, Eights.

Is my push for flush her okay? According to sss, you have to push all in, when you have OESD or Flush draw? But here is also a danger for full house, so It's better to ask you :)
      Btw, why do you have to push on OESD and top flush draws, it is aproximetly 2:1 shot (isn't it?). Wouldn't it be better for me to also just check, and to get a free card, rather than raise, and then push all in? I had an idea that someone holds a set. Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      Btw, why do you have to push on OESD and top flush draws, it is aproximetly 2:1 shot (isn't it?).

Ok, get it, you also get twice the money lol :) , but still is it okay to push on a board that is also a full house draw ?
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      O_o

Play SSS on NL!

To answer your question, it's because when you hit your draw you're more likely to get paid off but also because there is a strong possibility that villain will fold to a bet and if you get called you still have many good outs.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      I got freeplay, I was big blind. So techniclly I played SSS O_o
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I'd still be tempted to bet with 2 overs and a nutflush draw. Heads-up I definatly would.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Is my push for flush her okay? According to sss, you have to push all in, when you have OESD or Flush draw? But here is also a danger for full house, so It's better to ask you

reread the article. You play draws aggressively only in raised pots. In unraised pot you should play draws passively - check/ call or fold according to the odds.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      oops, you're right. thanks for warning me