This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] getting max value from quads

• cyclist52
      cyclist52
      Bronze
      In the spirit of not being results oriented (this was a win), how would you bet the river for max value.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.58)
      BB ($1.17)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($5.49) 68/24(40 hands)

UTG+2 ($1.49)
      MP1 ($1.71)
      MP2 ($0.60)
      MP3 ($2)
      Hero ($4.22)
      BTN ($2.07)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) J:heart: Q:diamond: 4:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($0.39) J:heart: Q:diamond: 4:club: J:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.26

RIVER ($1.19) J:heart: Q:diamond: 4:club: J:diamond: 2:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.80, Hero ???????
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cyclist52,

Flop: Well, I'd most likely start raising it right on flop. If he doesn't have a hand he wont pay us much anyways.

As played
      Turn: I'd still raise bigger ~$0,70 even. :)

As played
      River: Most likely I'd just shove here. He is still betting pretty strong into us and is capable of calling with a lot worse.

Best Regards.
    • cyclist52
      cyclist52
      Bronze
      With regards to the turn, I wanted to keep the flush draw coming and hopefully hit.

On the river I raised min and called his shove, but i see your point: to be sure to get all the money in .... put it in :-).

BTW he had the A high flush
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cyclist52
      With regards to the turn, I wanted to keep the flush draw coming and hopefully hit.

On the river I raised min and called his shove, but i see your point: to be sure to get all the money in .... put it in :-).

BTW he had the A high flush
      Well, I guess it's fine if you weren't that deep. Usually if we are deeper then I might even as well just raise bigger to make us easier to ship the river. And of course he called with nutflush on the river. :D