• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Looks like somebody just figured another way to make money from poker :O
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Great idea.

Finishing on the bubble is one of the most tilting things in poker especially if you're a SNG player.
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      I see they pay out if you're in the top 10% without cashing.
      I just had a quick look on Pokerstars and it seems most of the tournaments pay out the top 15% to 20% anyway.
      Doesn't look like a good deal, not on stars anyway.
    • rocketman33
      rocketman33
      Basic
      It's not 10% of the field that gets paid, it's 10% of the field on top of the number of players paid. So, if there are 1000 players and 15% are being paid and EXTRA 100 will be returned their buy-in !!! So, players 151-251 would be get their buy-in back instead of bubbling........
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Oh. I see.
      Thanks for clearing that up.
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      I personally think this is a bad idea.
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xeonz123
      This
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Why?

Hasn't it always sucked when you get K/Ks so very close to the money, your a chip leader, you raise and another big stack insists on getting involved with you?

Dry board, you raise again, he re-raises, you push all in, he calls and he shows a set of 3s or some bullshit and then your out when 1st place looked so likely.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      Finishing on the bubble is one of the most tilting things in poker especially if you're a SNG player.
      So you'll have 2 bubbles to worry about now...
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nosssweat
      This
      What?
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nosssweat
      This
      What?
      Just agreeing with you
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      So you'll have 2 bubbles to worry about now...

This is actually a really good point and I totally agree, now you actually will worry about busting earlier than you are supposed to, once your in the clear from the first bubble, you will still worry about busting in the actual bubble because the fear of losing the tournament is still present imo, at best you'll get back to square one minus the price of the insurance.

It seems more like a service you would use when taking a shot and you cant afford to lose the BI, but I'm sure it has a variety of uses depending on what your looking for.

All in all I think the idea is quite unique and am eager to see how it pans out.

If anyone purchases, let us know your experience!

-E
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Gold
      I think this is -EV
      The reason for this, is that you pay 12% of the cost of the tourny .
      If you place in the bubble, the house pay you and you have paid 12% for nothing.
      If you place in the insurance paying bubble of 10% you get tourny fee back (about 90% of what you have paid)
      So if you where on average finishing ITM 15%
      New bubble 10%
      Nowhere 75% It would cost for $10MTT X 100 with insurance $1120
      Extra return would be 100 so net loss of $20
      Might be worthwhile if you won a fair size tourny ticket and you where playing outside your comfort zone, but if that is the case, sell the ticket. :f_biggrin:
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      I don't know how I feel about the idea. If players wanna fork over more dough to the sites, only to win a chance to play again, I say let 'em! Personally, I wouldn't purchase it because I would now be paying more money on top of the normal cost of the tourney just to win back my initial investment.

If that's all I'm interested in winning (or able to win for that matter) then I should invest that $ in some more poker literature before hitting up another tourney. Fact is, now with two bubbles, I have to worry about an extra hour of folding otherwise profitable hands because the short stacks are shipping it to try and outlast the bubble and the blinds for a second time. Thanks but no thanks. MTTs are long and strenuous enough without implementing another consolation prize before I can start earning...

Thank you for making my job a little harder.