I'll be back..maybe

• Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      ...originally I wanted to give the title "New Dawn" or smthin similar- but it sounded too much like a Twilight movie and there won't be too many self-concious and sexually disoriented vampires in this blog...sooo... moving on.

Actually I thought about the intro. How should I introduce myself the 2nd time around? hmmm well I blogged here around 1955, hence the original title idea "New Dawn"...

:diamond: Intro (again)

I read the intro to my 1st blog and I completely got time warped back into those days, when TT started staking me and I started bloging more regularly. Tbh I had a quite results orineted mindset, wasn't that interested in working hard, just winning obv- but only a few ppl can do such things- like Charlie Sheen for example...

In the beginning of this year I had to face myself and be brutally honest. Do I want something from this game? I've decided not to fuck around any more and play like a boss. Aim for supernova on stars. It was a distant goal w around 150BI's for 6$ sngs.
      Since then I've been through a lot and I like to think that I learned a ton in the process. I need around 20k vpps till SN and hope to accomplish my goal till the first weekend of December.
      I was fortunate enough that I found myself in a motivated group and met a lot of influential people on the Hungarian and English forums who really helped me put things into perspective. Recommended training videos, talked w me on skype about certain issues, even coached me for free and helped me develop into a player/person that I am now.

:diamond: Why now?

I'm switching game type next year or rather the end of this one, so I decided to start blogging again. Going to boss around on the cash game tables w the staking/mentoring help of TwiceT (you may know him as well :f_p: )

:diamond: What can you expect from this blog?

Strategy, real life things, mindset discussions...I'm really counting on this community to improve not only my game, but my overall vision of this game.

:diamond: Luck...
      ..."is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"

This deal is clearly a great opportunity for me, would be for any cash player obviously. I just wanted to make it clear that this is only an opportunity. Nothing else. There is no such thing as instant success, nothing is granted. I read about so many players starting their deals, coaching partnerships with great players and failing hard... NOTHING is granted

:diamond: No way around hard work

If I learned smthing it is that: You can't reach your goals, no matter the help you have, how many sickos coach you, without hard work.
      You have to sweat it out.
      TT will be a huuuge influence and I'm sure that his advice and wisdom will help me speed up the process of moving forward and doing the right things.BUT...it is 99% up to me...what will I make of this chance

:diamond: "Success is my only motherf**king option...faliure's not"

Doubting myself caused me much more hardship than anything else during my career. Not trusting myself cost me a lot. It won't anymore, I trust myself completely and believe that I can achieve a lot of great things in the future

:diamond: fun,fun,fun

Having fun is the most important thing in life. When you enjoy doing smthin you feel good, you are healthy, see everything more positively. Anything is possible...I believe that. I am happy every day and try to smile even in the hardest of times. Life is too short to feel miserable :s_biggrin:

I hope you will enjoy reading/posting in this blog as much as I will... see you soon w some updates about my supernova grind and w every passing day the first cash session is drawing closer and closer :megusta:

"Brick walls are there to stop the other people who don't want it badly enough"
  • 301 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      GL with the transition :f_thumbsup:
    • LooserSR
      LooserSR
      Bronze
      good blog.
      keep bossing :s_love:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I like the brick walls quote, is it from Randy Pausch?
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      I like the brick walls quote, is it from Randy Pausch?

yep :f_love:
      best "lecture" ever
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      omg, best blog intro for a while :D super!

Having fun is the most important thing in life. When you enjoy doing smthin you feel good, you are healthy, see everything more positively. Anything is possible...I believe that. I am happy every day and try to smile even in the hardest of times. Life is too short to feel miserable shark biggrin
      :heart: gold!

Going to boss around on the cash game tables w the staking/mentoring help of TwiceT (you may know him as well fish p )
      hmm, let me think :) yes I think EVERYONE knows TT!

Happy to have you here and wish you best of luck at the tables!
      Ingrid
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Gogogogogo!
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      gooood morning. thnx for the fantastic feedback :s_love: I feel the love already :D

I got home yesterday early (around 1am), planning to play a session, but my internet lagged badly and to make things even brighter, tableninja regged me for one 180man sng. I took the hint and instead of playing I analyzed until 4am. Next week I'm gonna put in some decent volume. :pokerface:

I wanted to write about some sng stuff, but then again, I really want to present myself as a cash player and lead discussions about cash game play in this blog and only put in some brief reports about my current game, progress, results. Hope that makes sense.

About cash so far...

:diamond: read BalugaWhale's "Easy Game Volume I" about 3x. Not just read it, but understood it and memorized the important things. Now it's time for volume II.

:diamond: Watched a lot of cash vids, from BalugaWhale, TT, waki(hungarian coach) and also some more vids from DC.

:diamond: lead some interesting skype discussions about some hands and general theory

:diamond: Unfortunately I haven't played a single hand myself. Own experience and putting theory to practice>ALL. SOON tho

About other projects:

I have two students who I coach some hours and provide them material for learning 18man sngs(not a lot out there). The students are my gf and bro. :f_biggrin: I'm planning to stake them next year as well, micros ftw. They are really passionate about learning this game, but...
      Yesterday when I got home, I observed my bro playing Starcraft 1vs1. He talked about his game very analytically. Like how many actions/minute he has vs which opponents he lacks the knowledge to gain an edge, etc.
      Showed me this vid of a kid who has smthin like 400 actions/min.:

I asked some noob questions obv :f_biggrin:
      What hit me the most was this:
      Me: Which units you build to crush your opponents the hardest?
      Bro: Bitch please, it isn't about your units, it is about what your opponent does and how quickly can you figure that out and adjust accordingly.

I gave it some srs thought that maybe he needs to play some nice HU sngs instead of 18mans. I'm not a HU expert(yet), in fact I lost some moniez playing HU sngs, most of it because I tried to grind them like any other sngs w/o having the basic framework, but I could provide the material and guidance to learn about it and play it.
      Gonna ask him what he thinks about this idea, will ask my gf also, cause it would be easier for her as well to put in some mini sessions in between lectures.

That would be today's rant.
      Oh and also random bs: I drank 3 beers last night and feel like I'm having a hangover...wtf iz dis shiet??? :f_eek:

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Wow epic video of that guy playing Starcraft :f_eek:

And even more epic that your bro reacted to your stupid question in the exact same way any poker player would react to a stupid question like "So how do you win at poker? Just get luckier than everyone else?" :D
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Hey Arnolde89, nice blog.
      What limits are you gonna play at CG?
      And also where are you from?

Cheers from Novi Sad :)
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      gamboooool...was yesterday- bought some tickets and played sats from fpps. The field was fishier than usual. there were around 390k ppl on Stars which could be considered as a nice number even when the US, FR and ITA players were kickin it on the site.
      On the sunday millie I had 3 guys playing smthin like 50/38, one of them sat directly on my right, got it in twice vs him as huge fav and he got lucky both times. I guess it was his day to shine :D

On sngs the field was amazing as well, I ran considerably good @ them so my day was saved after all. I still have around 3k sngs to play until our deal ends w TT considering sngs. I'll play some turbo mtts as well, that will minimally speed up the process. As soon as I'm finished w sngs I'm starting w my cash grind on a- yet to be chosen- new site.

@Wriggers

I have some idea about starcraft, I just didn't know it involves sooo much adjusting. I thought that you try to figure out your own superior strategy, but like in poker everything could be exploited.
      It was a really cool thing, cause now it opens up a new door towards starcraft analogies :D

@pokerprons

It seems like that not only do we live in the same city, we also go to the same uni. One day we should grab a cup of coffee or smthin in Filozof, what do you think? :f_biggrin:
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze

@pokerprons

It seems like that not only do we live in the same city, we also go to the same uni. One day we should grab a cup of coffee or smthin in Filozof, what do you think? :f_biggrin:
      Hehe nice. We should definitely catch up @ Filozof sometime :)
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      especially when we are winning...but what happens when we visit the darker side of variance?

Sooo easy when it comes to mindset when everything goes according to plan...

But when everything turns upside down and everything you do turns to crap, that is when it's really demanding. That is where differences could be huuuge between player and player. How can we handle it? better said, how can we handle ourselves?

:diamond: It's all in your head...

Not the variance...you can bet your ass it's real. The thingy that sees the situations, that interprets the things that are happening, THAT IS inside us.
      Will we see the bad beats or the moves we made, the moves our opponent made and draw the conclusions+adjust.

The need to spot the "unfairness" is part of our human nature, unconsciously we are putting up these arguments why isn't it our fault and we get the feeling that the whole world is against us at times.
      Some studies have proven that people in general memorize the irregularities and things that didn't go their way, cause hey, good things are meant to happen to us, that's what we "deserve".

Prolly that is the main reason we hear a lot of ppl bitch about their situation constantly and telling you about the things that are "unreal" and "sick" in real life as well.

:diamond: The way we see it...

This is the hard part imo. To convince yourself to see what is relevant. It is easy to write and talk about it. Hard to implement it. When you see yourself at the table humiliated, constantly beaten, you have your 5th losing session in a row... sucks I know. Your mind does as well and it is urging you to share your misfortunes with other ppl to get back a bit of confidence, to back you up that you are a good player that will have results in the future.

This is what we need to build into our system- the confidence. We don't really need other ppl to tell us that we are good and we gonna succeed do we?
      Self confidence is huge, not only in poker, but life in general. You can only be truly yourself when you have a clear and secure self-image. That image should be a very firm one with a lot of confidence.
      As I wrote in my introduction, the thing that have hurt me the most in the past was doubting myself. Not having the kind of "healthy ego" that is needed.
      When you realize that you are a winning player and a winner in general things will look more positive even during bad times.

:diamond: Believe it...

” The first step before anyone else in the world believes it, is that YOU have to believe it.”
      -Will Smith

"Can't be touched
      Can't be stopped
      Can't be moved
      Can't be rocked
      Can't be shook"

• Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      Look what I've found while analyzing :s_biggrin:

Poker Stars $13.89+$1.11 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t50 - 6 players - View hand 1530566
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: t4180 M = 3.48
      CO: t7415 M = 6.18
      Hero (BTN): t2125 M = 1.77
      SB: t1283 M = 1.07
      BB: t7644 M = 6.37
      UTG: t4353 M = 3.63

Pre Flop: (t1200) Hero is BTN with J :heart: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to t4303 all in, 2 folds, Hero calls t2075 all in, 2 folds

Flop: (t5350) K :spade: T :spade: J :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t5350) Q :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t5350) A :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t5350
      Hero shows J :heart: A :diamond: (a Royal Flush)
      UTG shows 7 :diamond: 7 :heart: (a Royal Flush)
      UTG wins t2675
      Hero wins t2675
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      sick grind today, 250sngs played... next time I'll try to implement "winning" into my strategy as well :s_cool:

• kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      I are follow ur blog
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenthmp
      I are follow ur blog

:pokerface:

Today gonna gambooool on some mtts. The daily bigs, maybe the sunday millie, if I win a sat, but only gonna play 2-3 or so. I already gambooooled away around 40k fpps for trnys a few weeks ago and got like 50$ value from them. defo a sound investment.fml :facepalm:

Also gonna grind mtsngs, not too many tho, cause I'm on my laptop now and I really despise playing on it, since I got the new powerhouse grindmachine. :s_cool:

It's gonna be good for some HU action tho later on when I start the metamorphosis.
      Btw HU cash... if any HU pros read the blog:
      :diamond: What kind of HUD do you guys use ? do you use HUD at all?
      :diamond: Table selection? check ptr every time you play someone? screename tells? or just sit down and play w whoever comes along?( this seems meh...)
      :diamond: Just play fish or build up history w some bad, semi-bad regs and try to crush them like crazy? In the HU section of "Easy Game" it says that the most money is in these bad and mediocre regs, but I'm prolly gonna be one of them in the beginning so this seems contradictory :f_confused:

As for today, just lets run hotter than the sun shall we?

• TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      I sit down on several sites on several limits and wait till sb joins. Usually its a weaker plr. I start playing and if I think I have an edge I play, if not I quit.

Obv tough in the beginning for you to assess whether you have an edge or not. When in doubt you should quit and wait for a better spots.

Most money comes from recreational plrs who are just bad in many spots on all streets.
      After those a lot of money comes from bad regulars (mostly regs of other games) who are not pro enough hu.
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input sir. It will take some time till I get the rhythm of the new game types that is for sure. Will work hard not to take too much time tho.

Have to establish a good framework for my 6max game, this will be the primary goal, then I start HU when I feel somewhat more comfortable...

Last month was cool, had my biggest swing in sngs thus far, but I must say I handled it pretty well and it didn't affect volume nor game quality. Apart from almost 3k sngs I passed all my midterm exams on uni. so all-in-all a pretty productive month.

oh graph or didn't happen:

Need another 2k-ish for supernova, if nothing goes wrong I'm going to be done by next week and already taking my shots on cash tables that weekend. Will take like 2 days off to party after this achievement and also play through Modern Warfare 3 and Deadspace 2 w my bro... gonna be pure awesomeness :D

Next days grind on the mind tho :pokerface: