george34

• george34
      george34
      Bronze
      hallo. i am george.first, thanks a lot for the free 50$ .i play poker about 2 years micros FR SH everything but not serious. i am going to start FR and be wining player there first and then play 6max,is more corect that way?or it doesnt matter?

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      my motivation is to winning money for me and to help other people.if you dont have money you cant help your self not others.if cant help people or creat somethin goody i lost the meaning of this life.thats my philosophy.
      Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? i have a lot i think.i can go on tilt after loosing 2 or 3 pots in a row, sometimes i cant fold my hand in the river iven i know i am loosing.i open my range easily sometimes in EP.i chase a draw iven if i know it is rong.i need more discipline.
      Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      it means avoid difficult situations by playing good hands, dont bluff much,fold when its clear,dont make funsy plays maby.

i want to ask something. i cant install elephant corectly.thank you.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Discipline is common problem for a lot of players. Few things you could set up for yourself is that you can put a plan which you follow. Like playing according the plan, trying to follow it and at the same time trying to force yourself to be disciplined rather than ignore the game. Also try to avoid distractions which can cause even to be undisciplined. Don't let anything distract you. Always try to remind you what you are doing at the tables!

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      nice to see you here george!

also for the elephant:

You can download it from [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/[/URL]Elephant download[/URL].

To the video: How to install the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

FAQ - Frequently asked questions about the PokerStrategy.com Elephant

Forum board - Elephant Support

if you are encountering problems, you can post in the elephant forum and describe which part you are having difficulties so that the elephant experts can help.

cheers,
      wendy
    • george34
      george34
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

i suppose the 99-22 we play in that way in micro and not in higher limits.whith the suited face cards if one player called is it better to raise for iso, and the same whith AQ,AJ,AT?

in the blind whith QQ after a min raise 3 bet and 4bet in the blind whith QQ after a min raise 3 bet and 4bet

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo

Board:
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 46.324% 37.92% 08.41% 420706872 93287754.00 { AKo }
      Hand 1: 53.676% 45.27% 08.41% 502290612 932
    • george34
      george34
      Bronze
      sory i made a new thred by mistake
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

I merged your threads together. :) You can next time use this thread.

whith the suited face cards if one player called is it better to raise for iso, and the same whith AQ,AJ,AT?

Depends from what kind of position you are doing it and against what kind of stack. But most likely from late position you can very easily iso-raise. :)

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • george34
      george34
      Bronze
      Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an homework 3homework 3opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      MP3    49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

Board: 5:diamond: J:spade: 3:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      MP3    73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)

Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00[FONT=courier new][SIZE=1

MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      answer

the pot is $o,91, and we must call $0,22 to see the river so we are mathematicaly correct to do this (20% chance of getting flush).If the board pairs the river we will have a disadvantage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      i dont know if the turn all in it was amistake
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!