3days losing/breakeven sesion

• clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      down by 7BI in 3 days of playing .... playing 20-30 a day and variance is not on my side my mind cant stand losing session but still working on it and i encounter this thing alot

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t2030)
      MP (t1150)
      CO (t4300)
      Hero (Button) (t1340)
      SB (t1770)
      BB (t2910)

Hero's M: 5.96

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, J
      UTG bets t300, 2 folds, Hero raises to t1340 (All-In), 2 folds, UTG calls t1040

Flop: (t2905) 10, Q, 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t2905) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t2905) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2905

Results:
      Hero had K, J (one pair, tens).
      UTG had 9, A (one pair, tens).
      Outcome: UTG won t2905

he was playing 1 table he knows im tight and he was so active so i decided to resteal and he snap called me ~_~ and this is my first resteal in this table. i even starting to ask if my game is right but i aint changing my game.

i need to adjust my game on this stake. do you have any advice?
      well i guess some of you played and beat 1.50$/1,20$ STT
  • 18 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      You have a lot to learn, young Padawan ...

7BI is nothing ... esp within 3 days.

So there's that ...

And lesson #2 - do you think somebody who's splashing around/having fun at nanostakes STT, cares about whether u're tight or not OR is he just looking at his cards and knows that the Ace is the highest/best card in the deck there is? :f_biggrin:

Anyways, good luck, keep at it ;)
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      so ill try playing ABC poker in this limit until i have the bankroll i only have 50BI in 1.5$ that's why i don't move up.
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      best way to do it,on micro limits stick to premiums,dont resteal so often,people simple dont buy it,they want to see a flop and gamble,feel the rush...do you know when you start to make some money??prolly when you get bored a lot,cause you was so tight that you didnt play nothing for three orbits,then should some results arrive...i suggest you learn about push-fold mode and reastealing in later stages,then after that you should know by then to indetify some opponents,how they play(best use HUD of HEM or PT)and try to imagine and preddict what he is going to do,is he callin or not...usual tight people(ie.12-9 vvip-pfr)dont call often,but you never know they can just woke up with hand...i would suggest also,if you like to play SNG,and want to mak something out of it,should buy book from COLIN MOSHMAN,not that you will turn into gus hansen or smth,but it will give you some better idead what is happening in the SNG and why...also good way is to watch some of videos what PS have here(you ll prolly need better status to get something better,but still,even for you,there can be some very usuful stuff into some articles,if you dont watch videos or like to read better:) anyway,if need help,if i can i will try to help you...good luck and dont have high expectations,i do and aalways dont get it so high...and,remeber,poker isnt just a game of cards,its more a game of betting,cause you have multiple streets wher you can persuade your opponnent to fold,even a better hand...thats called "tellin a story"...if your story doesnt add up,you are gettin called...that will make you think on higher limits then as your opponnents are,cause they are prolly just looking into their cards...except that,there is position(very important),stack sizes,blind levels,knowing your opponnents,recognizing good spot...and yes,there is also now your cards:) so,your cards come like in seven place...i also dont play much higher then you,up to 10$,only i mix a lot...sng,mt sng,mtt,mostly all tournamnets types...anyway,keep working(you should prolly play 3/4 time,and learn 1/4 time)it depends what stage you are,somebody is better other way around....wish you good luck:)
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      yeah i was thinking HUD. yeah i owned .25 45-man mtt i earned about 50-60$ with 78%ROI there in 2 weeks then decided to move up 1$ 45-man mtt i took a shot 12BI but i cant take the pressure and variance +price structure is not good enough and next 45man mtt will be 6$ with low traffic so it doesn't make sense to continue 45man if i had 120Bi ill continue,before i earned 50 from .10 MTT in3-4weeks with 360%ROI i guess moved to STT and got bankrupt but this time im much better right now im still +BI player don't have a graph right now ill make when i have 1000 stt. I'm playing good my postflop play is much better than most of players in this stake and i learned how to use ICM and im making good calls and learned to be fearless when 5-bubble play but these donks are just shitty i was silver before i read and have a copy of all silver below articles printed out so it much easier to print i read a book about sng my cousin let me borrow it but it was a year ago i cant remmember most of it ... i watch all important videos here that i can watch. i post hands and apply all they teach me and BTW i made my bankroll from 0$ cuz i lost my 50$br from Pstrat in FT im now playing at PS. my mindset is pretty good but these fast few days im getting scared. About tilt i sometimes tilt spew 1-2Bi before i get back to my mind

i do not have $ account right now so about HUD is there any free trial? and what is the best HUD?

and reading my story what part of my game should i improve i don't post these past days cause i knew i played it right but on other hand i don't know.

right now i don't know what part of my game should i improve.

last thing what ROI can expect playing 1.50$ STT?

i want to improve much faster . i cant self study to find my leaks and i may take quite awhile before ill find it out so best thing is you guys help.
      i aint fulltime i go to college to also
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      hey,i personnally use HEM,i find it much better,and now there is HEM2 coming,with lots of grapsh,better design and others,still workin on it...about the game,you know why they call good players sharks??it is simple cause if shark stopp swimming,its dead(that means stop learning and making progress in our case)and smaller fishes can grow up too:f_cool: i see that you try to make progress,keep working,that is best way...but,tbh,normally 1000 sng isnt much,even 10k isnt a lot,so first i wouldnt worry about your ROI atm,i would look to play to my best abbilities,and rewiew my game(need some tool like HEM)and also what you can do is download elepfhant and eqilab what PS offer for free(this tools is used to calculate ur odds in any given hand,so you can see what odds are AA vs 33,AK vs JT,and so on...)and first using that tool to know what you can expect with certain hands...thats only half of problem,other half is ur opponent cards(we call that RANGE cause he can have a lots of hands,not only just one,not the best players cant magiclly guess what is other players holding:) )and how you Stand against their RANGE(tight players,ie 12-9 vvip-pfr,that means he plays 12% his hands and raise 9% of those(3/4),other with 35-12 VVIP-PFR means he plays almost any second hand,so his range is WIDER,he can have AA,but also T9o,44 OR W-E)and how to persuade with hand in that case...like one smart guy once said,POKER is easy game,wich is complicated to learn:) it is simply cause you have so many variables,and miss just one,you ll get totally wrong results...but,still that makes it also intresting cause of that...and there is a lots of ways to get some results,sometimes you play good and get no results,other you get it wrong and you get a good results...so,there is some common spots,general ones,wich is good to know,but still like a shark,its constant learning and improving,most of people learn by their own mistakes...best way,honestly is to hire a good coach(50$-150$ per hour)and he shows you some stuff,but for you,for now,PS is good enough,i will suggest to find coach,when you play 10$ sng and above...cause lots of same things can be find in forums and helped by other fellow PS members,and most important,what static moth mentioned,you cant take those tehnics and use them on ppl who doesnt understand it at all(like KJs vs A9o)...also,if something intrest you,good way is also posting a specific hand(keep in mind that cash game vs sng vs MTT has different dinamics,so there is reason why people choose to play only one,not all,cause you need to be used to all situations according to game dinamics)and lots of better players can help with it...if i would be you,i will try to enjoy in game as much and then along the way,learn more and make progress and make some more$$$...when you improve,it should come along...and another advice,what was mentioned to me;POKER IS A MARATHON,NOT A SPRINT...its important where you will be later,i would like better to make constant progres then rise like a star and fall down(also VERY IMPORTANT;dont play outside ur BR,i see that you already know some things,but still very easy to ge carried away and lost all in second to some shark on higher limits wich is just awaiting some weaker players,so i wouldnt mind stickin to lower limits,until fully prepared for higher),ie,some dude russian was second in stars SM,get like 200k$ and in next three days spew all on 500-1k cash...learn from his lesson :f_confused: also,another advice;if you were the second best player and play every day with the best player,in long run you would lose...if you were the second worst player and play every day with the worst player,in long run you will be winning player :D thats consider TABLE SELECTION(dont sit with table full of sharks and try to proove a point,they are sharks just cause they dont confront each other,they just waited for :f_p: )...sry for long post,hope you get some usefull info,at least:) wish you the best luck at the tables...
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      also,i started with SNG,its good cause it is simple FT(just all the stacks are equal)and you can practice alot,like germans say EOBONG MACHT MAISTER,or translated practice makes the master :s_cool: its hard to expect very high ROI,but later in sometime you can switch to some other form(i personnally trying 180 mt sng at stars)simply cause the greatest players have biggest ROI coming from MTT(saw some dude on TLB w like 5000% ROI),its hard to make so much on STT...poker is also like kick boxing,need to learn to kick with hands,then with legs,then knees,then elboes...when you master all,yoz can imagine a series first leg in head,then we punch knee him,then we take his hed for some head shots:) ...it all comes to tehnique,but still you need a mindset of a champ,and dont forget a HEART,it is also important...but,IMO,its 80% or more work,rest can be just talent,but if you have talent,and dont work,and you confront someone without talent,but works hard,i guess you can preddict the outcome:) and try to look only on yourself,dont look what others doing,just keep working and focus on ur abbilities and play;)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by janushr
      hey,i personnally use HEM,i find it much better,and now there is HEM2 coming,with lots of grapsh,better design and others,still workin on it...about the game,you know why they call good players sharks??it is simple cause if shark stopp swimming,its dead(that means stop learning and making progress in our case)and smaller fishes can grow up too:f_cool: i see that you try to make progress,keep working,that is best way...but,tbh,normally 1000 sng isnt much,even 10k isnt a lot,so first i wouldnt worry about your ROI atm,i would look to play to my best abbilities,and rewiew my game(need some tool like HEM)and also what you can do is download elepfhant and eqilab what PS offer for free(this tools is used to calculate ur odds in any given hand,so you can see what odds are AA vs 33,AK vs JT,and so on...)and first using that tool to know what you can expect with certain hands...thats only half of problem,other half is ur opponent cards(we call that RANGE cause he can have a lots of hands,not only just one,not the best players cant magiclly guess what is other players holding:) )and how you Stand against their RANGE(tight players,ie 12-9 vvip-pfr,that means he plays 12% his hands and raise 9% of those(3/4),other with 35-12 VVIP-PFR means he plays almost any second hand,so his range is WIDER,he can have AA,but also T9o,44 OR W-E)and how to persuade with hand in that case...like one smart guy once said,POKER is easy game,wich is complicated to learn:) it is simply cause you have so many variables,and miss just one,you ll get totally wrong results...but,still that makes it also intresting cause of that...and there is a lots of ways to get some results,sometimes you play good and get no results,other you get it wrong and you get a good results...so,there is some common spots,general ones,wich is good to know,but still like a shark,its constant learning and improving,most of people learn by their own mistakes...best way,honestly is to hire a good coach(50$-150$ per hour)and he shows you some stuff,but for you,for now,PS is good enough,i will suggest to find coach,when you play 10$ sng and above...cause lots of same things can be find in forums and helped by other fellow PS members,and most important,what static moth mentioned,you cant take those tehnics and use them on ppl who doesnt understand it at all(like KJs vs A9o)...also,if something intrest you,good way is also posting a specific hand(keep in mind that cash game vs sng vs MTT has different dinamics,so there is reason why people choose to play only one,not all,cause you need to be used to all situations according to game dinamics)and lots of better players can help with it...if i would be you,i will try to enjoy in game as much and then along the way,learn more and make progress and make some more$$$...when you improve,it should come along...and another advice,what was mentioned to me;POKER IS A MARATHON,NOT A SPRINT...its important where you will be later,i would like better to make constant progres then rise like a star and fall down(also VERY IMPORTANT;dont play outside ur BR,i see that you already know some things,but still very easy to ge carried away and lost all in second to some shark on higher limits wich is just awaiting some weaker players,so i wouldnt mind stickin to lower limits,until fully prepared for higher),ie,some dude russian was second in stars SM,get like 200k$ and in next three days spew all on 500-1k cash...learn from his lesson :f_confused: also,another advice;if you were the second best player and play every day with the best player,in long run you would lose...if you were the second worst player and play every day with the worst player,in long run you will be winning player :D thats consider TABLE SELECTION(dont sit with table full of sharks and try to proove a point,they are sharks just cause they dont confront each other,they just waited for :f_p: )...sry for long post,hope you get some usefull info,at least:) wish you the best luck at the tables...
      Originally posted by janushr
      also,i started with SNG,its good cause it is simple FT(just all the stacks are equal)and you can practice alot,like germans say EOBONG MACHT MAISTER,or translated practice makes the master :s_cool: its hard to expect very high ROI,but later in sometime you can switch to some other form(i personnally trying 180 mt sng at stars)simply cause the greatest players have biggest ROI coming from MTT(saw some dude on TLB w like 5000% ROI),its hard to make so much on STT...poker is also like kick boxing,need to learn to kick with hands,then with legs,then knees,then elboes...when you master all,yoz can imagine a series first leg in head,then we punch knee him,then we take his hed for some head shots:) ...it all comes to tehnique,but still you need a mindset of a champ,and dont forget a HEART,it is also important...but,IMO,its 80% or more work,rest can be just talent,but if you have talent,and dont work,and you confront someone without talent,but works hard,i guess you can preddict the outcome:) and try to look only on yourself,dont look what others doing,just keep working and focus on ur abbilities and play;)

• janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      sry,was trying to help,didnt have bad intention:)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      just :D :D
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      yeah about hand ranges i knew about it also i have equilab ... yeah before i dont play when there are many multitabler but recent days i dont care about them anymore but the table was so tight ... yeah i think table selection..
      i played 90man MTT first two 15th place forgot about my strategy then 3rd one finish 6th place. i think ill play MTT for now im kinda pissed at STT 15BI down .. about cash game i don't think i'll be playing it sooner i get bored when i play it and its very dangerous +my cousin told me best way to build bankroll is SNG. yeah i learned from my mistake i aint genius or super lucky thats why i stick to BRM . do you have facebook or something?
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      what is your name on facebook,i will find you...
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      weansweans@gmail.com this is a fake one add me and ill add you on my real one . i think you know why its fake
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      i was used to play STT HU and now i only finished 2nd on my 3rd 90man1.5 mtt first heads 1;5 chips i manage to make it 2:1 i got 40BB he got 20BB i should have push/fold in that moment

what do you think?
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clydePHP
      weansweans@gmail.com this is a fake one add me and ill add you on my real one . i think you know why its fake
      nope,i really dont know,i just dont like to get my real name in any forums,this is my life and i do this for me,not for fame or glory:) i dont mind being unknown whole my life:) as long as i have good scores...i didnt wanted to trick you or something,simply:) but on FB i use my real name and have only that real name acc there...and dont mind being friends,just not public...i will also try to PM you...now,pls,explain why i should know its fake,lol...
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      mack thur??added...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      7Bi in sngs? uhm what am I missing? I swing 30-50 bi on standard
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      lol,clayde,you are real funny guy,i understand that you can be afraid,but still...up to you,in any case i wish you the best of luck in future:)
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      A9 was a pretty standard call there as you didn't have enough of a stack to take him off the hand. Don't blame you at all for shoving with KJs there but you had to know you're likely behind. Frustration comes when you're constantly losing and putting your chips in as the favorite.