Linux

• 8 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      full tilt definitely works, you might want to install microsoft TT fonts though since the text is a bit small... dunno about PT and PA
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      you could do this also with vware virtual computer
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martizzo
      Do you use VMware? If so, does it work well? Does it support multiple screens and hardware acceleration? And most importantly, can you use an existing windows partition?
      I'd like to switch back to linux 100%, but I haven't tested VMware (the demo doesn't work and I don't want to pay for it w/o being sure it'll do the job)... I installed virtualbox, but you can't use already-installed windows partitions, and it crashes every time I want to copy over the backups... kinda annoying with all the PT databases I have.. =/ And also it doesn't support multiple display (well, not 3200x1200 and higher)
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by martizzo
      Do you use VMware? If so, does it work well? Does it support multiple screens and hardware acceleration? And most importantly, can you use an existing windows partition?
      I'd like to switch back to linux 100%, but I haven't tested VMware (the demo doesn't work and I don't want to pay for it w/o being sure it'll do the job)... I installed virtualbox, but you can't use already-installed windows partitions, and it crashes every time I want to copy over the backups... kinda annoying with all the PT databases I have.. =/ And also it doesn't support multiple display (well, not 3200x1200 and higher)
      I haven't tried because i use linux rarely...
      From forums i've heard that it supports multiple monitors. in their web found this "Configure a virtual machine to span multiple monitors, or multiple virtual machines to each display on separate monitors."
      Hardware accelration ofcource implemented, because features are same as windows version. read more on their website.
      You could try download from torrents full version if you like it you could buy.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      ok thanks!
    • tr9sh
      tr9sh
      Bronze
      I have been playing using a VirtualMachine since i started playing Poker, but i am not totally happy right now because of several reasons.

First of all, i always end up with chosing my .vdi drive being way too small, so i had to reinstall everything again, but i now have an efficient big .vdi drive, so this should not be a problem anymore.

Performance is somehow a problem too, but i only encountered performance problems on PokerRoom skins, it gets unplayable when playing more than 4 tables.

Else than that i am quite confident keeping it up playing this way.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      just confirmed by searching a bit on the vmware site - multi-display now supported, and you can use an existing OS in VMware... torrents downloading ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      just confirmed by searching a bit on the vmware site - multi-display now supported, and you can use an existing OS in VMware... torrents downloading ;)
      You can test it for free. The VMware player is free at all and better than VMware Workstation when using VMware. But you need Workstation to create the virtual computers but this was no problem for me I just created a few in advance. :)