bradwan

• 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bradwan,

Welcome to the Course! Hopefully you will enjoy around here.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

Best Regards.
    • bradwan
      bradwan
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I'd like to earn some extra money and beat my friends in my regular pub game.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I'm a bit of a nit. I focus too much on what I'm holding rather than judging other players at the table. I don't read other players particularly well.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Playing quality hands in position. Playing positively rather than passively. Exploiting the mistakes of opponents.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

LoL@Beat your friends at regular pub. :D But that's obviously a success to beat them, guess a lot of poker players play with their friends. That's also how I did start playing poker. :)

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Also rather be nit than playing too loosely, you can always widen up your range when you get more comfortable.

What about adjustment against tilt? Do you have any?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.