NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.98)
      BB ($8.51)
      UTG ($0.96)
      UTG+1 ($4.10)
      CO ($2.90)
      Hero ($5.28)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 5:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB raises to $0.28, fold, Hero calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.60) 9:heart: 6:club: 5:spade:

SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($1.20) 9:heart: 6:club: 5:spade: K:club:

SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

RIVER ($2.40) 9:heart: 6:club: 5:spade: K:club: A:diamond:

SB bets $1.20, Hero folds

Preflop: stealing w 75s from BTN because have a passive player in BB who usually folds or calls and ch/f to a cbet. Now about our villain(SB) - have 57 hands on him playing 29/25/inf/12% 3bet(2/17) and both made from SB v BTN. We could say he min3betted here so I called him according to odds. Put him here on a range: {99+, AJs+, AQo+}.

Flop: have to call his 1/2 PSB since I get 50/50 even if I think that he doesn't cbet AJ, AQ here. Though I leave the same range, because he's more likely cbeting with whole range. {99+, AJs+, AQo+}.

Turn: he continues here with 99+, should bet again w TT,JJ, probably second barreling with AcJc, AcQc.{99+,AKs,AcQc,AcJc,AKo}. Again calling because of odds.

River: with A on the river his whole range beats me, easy fold.

:diamond: My mistakes made with giving him a range?
      :diamond: Do you think I should raise flop/turn and try to take down the pot(push him off his hand)? Of course don't if he's capable of folding some of his pairs here.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

Well, would be an option to raise the flop. But while we don't know that much the opponent I guess I'd also take the passive line and play the way you played the hand. Just unlucky run-down for us. :( The odds were good.

About the ranges well, we obviously have to add even strong made hands there as well like sets, neither we can't skip overpairs. CBetting that way depends really on the opponent. To give an exact range here is kinda hard while even not knowing the opponent.

Best Regards.