Party Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $8.82
      BTN: $13.01
      SB: $12.08
      Hero (BB): $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :club: A :diamond:
      CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.25) 6 :spade: 3 :spade: 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40

Turn: ($5.05) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.80, Hero folds

Should I cbet on such a low board or just give up?

Opponent: Vpip/pfr 60/23 after 14 hands, so rather fish.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer c-bet, since if you check then he might stab with very wide range and you really can´t do anything. If you bet flop you always have option to barrel turn.

Good luck at the tables,
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Paszczi01,

Against those loose opponents I'd most likely just Check/Fold it right on flop being in freeplay pot. They will float a lot of hands, all kind of draws/pairs and maybe even some high hands. We wont be able to 2nd barrel without made hand and therefore it would be pretty much waste of money vs such an opponent.

Best Regards.
    • Paszczi01
      Paszczi01
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Paszczi01,

Against those loose opponents I'd most likely just Check/Fold it right on flop being in freeplay pot. They will float a lot of hands, all kind of draws/pairs and maybe even some high hands. We wont be able to 2nd barrel without made hand and therefore it would be pretty much waste of money vs such an opponent.

Best Regards.
      OK.
      I have a question:
      should I 3b PF? Because I 3b PF because he's going to call me with a lot of hands that I beat, but is it ev+ to 3b and c/f flop after missing it? Or maybe just call pf? then I will have smaller pot if I don't hit, and if I hit I will have a lot of time to build bigger pot since those guys don't fold a lot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      should I 3b PF? Because I 3b PF because he's going to call me with a lot of hands that I beat, but is it ev+ to 3b and c/f flop after missing it? Or maybe just call pf? then I will have smaller pot if I don't hit, and if I hit I will have a lot of time to build bigger pot since those guys don't fold a lot.

Well, against that kind of opponent who Calls with so wide range you can still 3bet for value. :) Another option would be of course to Call if he has really small PFR but while the guy didn't I'd rather 3bet.

Well, I wouldn't say it's always gonna be -EV. You gonna still get profit when you hit while he can float, and also you can still even CB some very dry boards depending on the opponents range we put him on which is calling against us.

Just put yourself into this opponent and when he has a wide range there. Which most likely will be towards PPs/broadways/some Ax hands/SC and etc, do you think he will fold that many hands there anyways from that part of his range? Made hands will most likely never fold and maybe he is even floating with just boradways and can take stabs on postflop.

If I had more information on him then we could as well consider maybe even to just CB and Check/Fold or whatsoever if we expect him to fit/Fold a lot flops.