• 7 replies
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      you win a wsop main event...
    • pappadjango
      pappadjango
      Bronze
      well ya that would be one option but if i won the wsop i would buy a small island stick a cocktail bar on it load it with babes and put my feet up!anyone got a serious answer for me:)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      To be fair that is a pretty accurate answer to what you have to do to get signed :D

Other less airtight options would be to play high stakes cash on a smaller site, run like God for a year in televised MTTs or be a woman.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      basicly, win a lot of money online cash or tournament, at least 2-3 million MiNiMUM...with a very good sample size of play.

Then, send letter to such as pokerstars asking for Online Pro poker Player sign under their roof. And pray they gonna accept u.

The more winning u make the more high % u are goin to be signed by them.

I guess, u win $6m from their site or any site, they surely will contact u to join their online poker pro...
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      You should work by playing online poker for over 35 hour/weekly and then you can say to be a professional poke rplayer.

The amount you earn/winning doesn't make a pro or not as in all the porfessions in the world, the income is realtive and chance by person to person.

For example you may be a sollecitor and eran $20000 a tmonth like you may earn $2000 at month doesn't change the fact that you are a professional as a sollecitor. :)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      You should work by playing online poker for over 35 hour/weekly and then you can say to be a professional poke rplayer.

The amount you earn/winning doesn't make a pro or not as in all the porfessions in the world, the income is realtive and chance by person to person.

For example you may be a sollecitor and eran $20000 a tmonth like you may earn $2000 at month doesn't change the fact that you are a professional as a sollecitor. :)
      Yeah exactly, i mean you could probz be considered a pro if you grinded nl10 and lived in zimbabwe
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      There was an article not too long ago about how fewer and fewer poker players can get sponsorship due to the current world economic situation. It seems the online gambling rooms are becoming more reluctant to sponsor poker pro players. I'd say u best wait a few years before actively pursuing a sponsorship, get some meaningful achievements in the meantime, or as someone above this post stated, win the WSOP (or at least make the final table of the ME).