[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AQs

• staktas
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.14, 2 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.44) A:club: , T:diamond: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.44, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.12 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.08 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($3.48) K:heart:
      River: ($3.48) 7:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.48

Villain looks like calling station, but he's a little more aggressive than regular CS. So, I guess, his cbet, not necesserely means something big. But can I really, just shove to his cbet? If i call flop, pot is about 1.2$ and he has only 1$, so he's almost commited anyway, so i guess, I should just shove, because, as i said, he still looks like CS, and they like to call, right?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Problem is that you get nice price for calling his min3bet. But when we're 3 handed we have to think how can we continue. If A high dry board comes we don't like to go broke easily, especially since we're between two opponents.

This flop looks nice for us, but what can we actually beat? Only AJ and we split with AQ. Therefore only moves possible are fold or shove. I'm afraid he shows us some A that we don't like. His tendency seem loose but this kind of people 3bet rarely so I would rather give him strong range. It's tough to fold TPGK but there is no definite way to play it. It only depends on our opponents. If you think he might call you with FD or GS or weaker A then your move is correct no matter which hand he shows you.
    • veriz
      Hello staktas,

Well, the problem here is that what kind of hands do you expect him even to 3bet here this way? You will rarely see a lot worse hands which pot here. Only reasonable hand what you might beat is AJ and that's it? I might even make the crying fold or another way would be to bet myself right on flop to protect from Check-back.

Best Regards.