Hero shows Ah Qc
      (Pre 66%, Flop 80.0%, Turn 79.5%)

Hero wins $13.38

SB's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BB's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,
      I am not sure what to do on Turn? I just call on Turn for pot control VS 2 opponents. On the River, I think I am ahead and he may call with worse Qx. For that reason, I value bet River and when he c/r River. I think "wtf he tries to rep?" :f_confused: I guess he should value bet on River with better hand because my line looks weak and I will always check behind as usual. I call River because his line make no sense to me.
      what do you think?

thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      You don't have enough hands so you should treat your opp as unknowns.

Preflop: Raise at least 3,5bb or rather 4bb. You don't want to be called from co or bu. And with your smaller raise you might give them the chance to enter the hand and soon blinds might enter too. AQ plays not so good postflop.

Flop: Flop is super dry so your amount is fine. 60c would also be ok.

Turn: Donking is strange here. You have 2 possibilities:
      - call and be prepared to call donk on the river
      or
      - raise 3x and we might charge him for his draws or weaker Q. Bad thing may be that he might 3bet-shoves so we have to fold it.

I like calling here because we can reevaluate on the river and decide there what to do.

River: Board looks good for our hand so value bet should be in our mind. If we think about his range there is KQ in his range so we should be aware of it.
      1/2 pot bet is ok if he raises bigger I think we have to fold since he might have some set or 2 pair. Straight is not so likely.
      When he minr us calling is easy.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      You don't have enough hands so you should treat your opp as unknowns.

Preflop: Raise at least 3,5bb or rather 4bb. You don't want to be called from co or bu. And with your smaller raise you might give them the chance to enter the hand and soon blinds might enter too. AQ plays not so good postflop.

Flop: Flop is super dry so your amount is fine. 60c would also be ok.

Turn: Donking is strange here. You have 2 possibilities:
      - call and be prepared to call donk on the river
      or
      - raise 3x and we might charge him for his draws or weaker Q. Bad thing may be that he might 3bet-shoves so we have to fold it.

I like calling here because we can reevaluate on the river and decide there what to do.

River: Board looks good for our hand so value bet should be in our mind. If we think about his range there is KQ in his range so we should be aware of it.
      1/2 pot bet is ok if he raises bigger I think we have to fold since he might have some set or 2 pair. Straight is not so likely.
      When he minr us calling is easy.
      Hi yaxkukmian,
      I raise 3.5x from UTG, 3x MP and CO, 2.5x from BU, 3.5x from SB.
      I raise smaller preflop when I am on tight table and raise bigger when I am on loose table. So, I can steal blind cheaper on tight table and get more value on loose table and I always raise same size to balance my range.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hi yaxkukmian,
      I raise 3.5x from UTG, 3x MP and CO, 2.5x from BU, 3.5x from SB.
      I raise smaller preflop when I am on tight table and raise bigger when I am on loose table. So, I can steal blind cheaper on tight table and get more value on loose table and I always raise same size to balance my range.
      Yes, but when you're playing on tighter table your range also narrows so I think you loose value when raising smaller preflop. From UTG and MP you have much stronger range than from CO and BU.
      Also I don't like 2,5bb raises from BU, you play more pots and there's higher possibility that both player call you and it's hard to play even IP against two, especially since we don't always flop a pair or better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Turn: Well, most likely I'd also rather Call the flop and avoid any marginal raises which we might just isolate against strong holdings which could very likely happen.
      River: Nah, they are able to play this way as well strong hands. Don't take this kind of play as pure off. I might even sometimes against passive opponents Bet/Fold the river since now you just most likely beat a bluff. KQ is possible and maybe even stronger hands. But that's true that they usually just bet themselves the river if they would have 2pairs and for that given reason I doubt your play is totally off.

Best Regards.