Hero shows A:club: 6:spade:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 83.7%, Turn 86.4%)

BB shows A:spade: 7:heart:
      (Pre 63%, Flop 16.3%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero wins $11.38

BB's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,

The dynamic of the table is he maybe tilting.
      I think he min raise Turn to try to rep AJ,22 or 66.
      How do you play this hand?
      I think I made a bad call on River. :f_frown:

thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: If you weren't stealing his blinds that could be an ok raise. I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time since even if we flop A we will have kicker problem so we won't play it for stacks and we might give him some free cards if he shows aggression.

Flop: Board is dry so I would bet a bit higher - $0,50. If he hit some A he will continue if not, even if we cbet small he folds. I wouldn't give him Ax range if he called one street. He also can have PP or some 6x.

Turn: Board has no draws so either we're ahead/behind. He won't do it with only 22, AJ. He might do it with AK, AQ, even AT. Depends really what kind of history you had with him. I would 3bet him - $5,50.

Board: A:heart: 2:spade: 6:club:  J:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     70.31%  69.89%   0.43% { Ac6s }
      BB     29.69%  29.26%   0.43% { 66, 22, A9s+, A2s, A9o+, A2o }

River: There is no point in betting river, because we will be faced with hard decision if he shoved. Therefore I even like your c/c. You're still a bit ahead of his range. And also he has some bluffs in there also so our percentage is even higher.
      If you raised him on the turn, then you should also shove river and since he only has 40bb he calls with many Ax hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Most likely against that kind of loose opponent I'd even Bet the flop ~$0,60, if he has a hand he is going to pay anyways and if not then he wont. :) The same goes even for turn, sometimes I might even bet bigger there as well.

But as played well, really close spot. But while his range is kinda wide there then I doubt that your play is totally off. He may as well even have there A2/Ax hands. Depending on the dynamic I might even raise sometimes the turn if I expect the opponent tilting hard and capable of raising for thin value and with bluffs.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Most likely against that kind of loose opponent I'd even Bet the flop ~$0,60, if he has a hand he is going to pay anyways and if not then he wont. :) The same goes even for turn, sometimes I might even bet bigger there as well.

But as played well, really close spot. But while his range is kinda wide there then I doubt that your play is totally off. He may as well even have there A2/Ax hands. Depending on the dynamic I might even raise sometimes the turn if I expect the opponent tilting hard and capable of raising for thin value and with bluffs.

Best Regards.
      Hello veriz,
      Can we bet about 55% if we against tight opponent on this dry flop?
      how much do you raise Turn? do you raise/broke?
      As played, do you call the River?

thanks.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Here I would probably be betting the flop bigger, if he has Ax he's always calling, there's no draws out there so when he calls I would expect Ax a whole lot of the time. With this in mind I quite like an overbet on the flop to get maximum value.

On the turn his minraise shows strength, but we also know he may be tilting and he is a fish, so in terms of relative strength I still think we're way ahead of his range. However I don't like 3betting him because it has the possibility to fold out a lot of weaker hands that can still bet the river, for example do we think the fish is stacking off with A3 here?

On the river I don't even think it's close. We're against a loose fish who may be tilting and we have the 5th best hand possible. He can do this with any Ax and if we run into AJ or a set here it's just a cooler. I mean there are 16 combos by the river that beat us, and since it's pretty late i'm not even going to try counting the combos we beat here, trust me it's a whole lot more than 16 :D I snap call the river here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Can we bet about 55% if we against tight opponent on this dry flop?

Not against such opponents who are loose. Just bet maximum for value. :)

how much do you raise Turn? do you raise/broke?

If I am raising then of course we are raising broke. But do we expect the opponent to overplay his TP? Since A2 is anyways also in his range but as well strong made hands. I'd raise ~$5 to give him also room maybe for loose shoves. But the question is really up to you and the table dynamics how you saw the opponent.

As played, do you call the River?

So far and according the stats I am definitely going to Call the river as well. Also as you said he might be tilting so can easily even have bluffs there.