This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL6 77 flopped set OOP vs fish

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi this is one of the hands I marked for review today.

Pacific Poker - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

(Vpip/pfr/ag/hands)

SB: $4.31
      Hero (BB): $7.08
      UTG: $7.29 - (36/4/1/369)
      UTG+1: $5.91
      MP: $1.17
      MP+1: $6.00
      CO: $6.09
      BTN: $9.62

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has 7:club: 7:heart:

UTG raises to $0.18, fold, MP calls $0.18, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12

He only raised 2bb so as we both have >100bb I decide to call and see a flop. With his low pfr I am putting him on a fairly narrow range JJ+, AQo+ and I am purely set mining.

Flop: ($0.57, 3 players) 7:diamond: 8:diamond: K:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.57, fold, Hero calls $0.57

Happy days I hit my set but the K and the 2 diamonds have me slightly concerned. He bets pot and I just call, I now am less sure of what he is holding due to the size of his bet.

Turn: ($1.71, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

I turn a boat and expecting him to bet I check and am surprised by his check behind, just what does he have ??

River: ($1.71, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.28, UTG raises to $2.56, Hero calls $1.28

The river puts a flush out there and I decide I need to get some chips in the pot and bet out just over 2/3 pot. His min raise confuses me and still being unsure of his hand I elect to call.

I recognise that the line I took was not ideal but could anyone suggest anything else? Should I 3bet the river without too much idea of exactly where I am?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Fagin,

Rather Check/Raise right on flop, don't slowplay your hand while being OOP. If he has a hand he is going to pay you, if he doesn't he wont pay you much either.

But as played while he even has such a small PFR it's really close. He may easily even sometimes trap with Check behind on turn, for that given reason I guess taking the passive approach is fine as well and just Call.

Best Regards.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for the comments.

For those who need to know the UTG fish raised with K :diamond: J :diamond: and may well have called a raise on the river. I'll never know :f_biggrin:

Cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Fagin
      Hi, thanks for the comments.

For those who need to know the UTG fish raised with K :diamond: J :diamond: and may well have called a raise on the river. I'll never know :f_biggrin:

Cheers
      Then take a note with what he opens from UTG. :) Surprised me. :D
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Note already made - I'll be looking for him again :s_wink: