Slocum888

• Slocum888
      Slocum888
      Bronze
      Hi everyone I´m Slocum888 and I haven't the slightest idea what this is all about, I discovered it not long ago and I just love it. I wonder why didn't I started this before? Things happened for a reason,and.. I want to be the best I can be..and I heard this is the best place to start. so.....be it!!. Glad to be here....
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck Slocum888,

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

I see you are Basic, guess you haven't got yet your starting capital?

Best Regards.
    • Slocum888
      Slocum888
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, and thanks
      Well there is so much to learn... never had been in a site of this type before and I'm doing the walkaround and getting to know the stuff in order to get it together...

Why poker...

I'm a sailor and until not long ago I tought Poker was for gamblers and loosers and I tryed to stay away as far as I could from it. Is hard to stay afloat as it is if you like to sail around the world and too nice of a life to jeopardize it gambling... or so I tought.....until a friend (stock broker) invited me to play poker.... and he showed me the light.....
      I've been strugling all my life between making money and sailing/traveling but could never manage to do both at the same time.
      I left everything behind and invested to my last penny in my next boat which she'll be ready in 3 years so the only matter of consecuence is how I'm going to be able to survive once I set sail into the horizon .... So I set my mind to become completely indepenpendent (financially) - in the next 3-4 years - playing poker and from then on work on becoming a Poker Pro putting every resource to be the best I can be.

My weakest point

A friend showed me the hand ranks and we played a few hands of holdem no limit and loved it....that's it!! so to answer your question I assume I have every weakness there is, since I don't know a thing about it. I don't even know how to use the software yet. Starting from scratch. You could say I'm a poker virgin in the true sense of the word.

I'm going step by step...starting capital?? You'r right I haven't yet....everthing goes very fast when I watched a game I wanted to get a bit more familiar with the poker enviroment....being the first lesson I suppose will be my next step...

cheers,
    • Slocum888
      Slocum888
      Bronze
      From what I understand playing Tight Aggressive would be to go for strong hands and to place the opponent into a hard spot by way of betting so he's under pressure and more likely to make a mistake so I can profit from it.
    • Slocum888
      Slocum888
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I'm a sailor and until not long ago I tought Poker was for gamblers and loosers and I tryed to stay away as far as I could from it.... or so I tought.....until a friend (stock broker) invited me to play poker.... and he showed me the light.....
      I've been strugling all my life between making money and sailing/traveling but could never manage to do both at the same time.
      I left everything behind and invested to my last penny in my next boat which she'll be ready in 3 years so the only matter of consecuence is how I'm going to be able to survive once I set sail into the horizon .... So I set my mind to become completely indepenpendent (financially) - in the next 3-4 years - playing poker and from then on work on becoming a Poker Pro putting every resource to be the best I can be.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      A friend showed me the hand ranks and we played a few hands of holdem no limit ....that's it!! so to answer your question I assume I have every weakness there is, since I don't know a thing about it. I don't even know how to use the software yet. Starting from scratch. You could say I'm a poker virgin in the true sense of the word.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      From what I understand playing Tight Aggressive would be to go for strong hands and to place the opponent into a hard spot by way of betting so he's under pressure to make a diffcult desition and more likely to make a mistake so I can profit from it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Good, then this Course is perfect for you. We will teach to use a lot of different softwares, how to play and stuff. Just follow the articles which we recommend and you should do good. Just don't forget that only from the Course it's not enough. You also have to invest yourself some time and hope into the game.

So practically we have a lot stuff to do. We gonna definitely cover how to work against tilt, how you can analyze your game and stuff. :)

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Oh and in future use this thread for your all homeworks. :)

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.