5*NL2 Stake Offerings + Coaching

• rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

**NOTE
      First of all, this so called event or stake offering won’t take place until late December as I am currently in The Philippines grinding with a few other poker players and will continue to do so upon my return to Sweden around Christmas.

With that said the staking offering will most likely kick off between Christmas and New Year or early January. Which it will be, we'll just have to see.

Presentation,
      My name is Erik, I play NL50SH right now but as everyone else "I plan on moving up soon" (like if it was actually plan able) :P

Either way, I have decided that as soon as I return to Sweden, a normal time zone and a decent internet connection I am going to create a small staking event. I will take on 5 players at NL2 and offer them both private and collective coaching where the plan is to make sure each player manages to progress from NL2 to at least NL20. If they're moving up fast enough we'll continue and try to take on NL50 as well.

I have a blog running here on Pokerstrategy currently called "Poker in the Philippines" previously known as "Know when to hold'em, Know when to fold'em". Feel free to check it out.

The agreement will be the following.
      *The player is going to receive 50$/€ at a pokersite of my choice.
      *The player is going to be playing No-Limit cash game, shorthanded.
      *The player is going to have at least 30 times the Buy-ins at the current level. (Exception is NL2)
      *The player is going to advance in level upon reaching 30 Buy-ins at the above level.
      *The player will play a minimum of 20,000hands/month.
      *The player will attend at least 10 coaching sessions/month.
      *The player will analyze a certain amount of hands, both collectively with the rest of the group lead by the coach and individually by themself.
      *The player will be entitled to keep 100% of his winnings upon reaching NL20, 50% of his winnings upon canceling the stake at a limit below NL20.
      *The player will upon completing/canceling the stake, given that he has not busted his bankroll repay the initial 50$/€ or what’s left of it.
      *The player will participate in any coverage for the whole event suggested by me.
      *The player will not be hold accountable for any losses no matter the cause.

What I am looking for in a player.
      Dedication towards poker, someone who finds the dynamic part of the game interesting, not someone who’s only result oriented.
      The player must have a good English understanding and ability to express himself.
      The player must be able to allocate a lot of time towards poker. Working full-time and embarking on this poker journey is not something I recommend.
      The player must focus on the development part rather than the results as they’re not in the player’s direct control.
      The player must be able to play rationally and handle his feelings objectively, I am not looking for someone with previous tilt problems or gambling issues.

This staking deal not only lets you keep 100% of your winnings, but it will also teach you how to beat the micro stakes.

So why am I letting you keep 100% of the profits?
      Well that’s the thing, I will be covering this staking event at a recently launched website which will be tied back to Pokerstrategy. It will in no way compete with Pokerstrategy as in fact it will benefit them since I will be advertising my T-A-F link. It will not even be a community site as it wont hold any forums.

So does this sound like something that might suit you?
      If so, then please write a presentation about yourself answering the following questions:
      First name:
      Poker experience: (What you’ve played and how you got started)
      Top strength in poker: (What is your best ability when it comes to playing poker cash game?)
      Worst weakness in poker: (What is it you’re struggling with the most in poker cash game?)
      The reason why you’re seeking stake:
      What you expect from this staking deal:
      What you do for a living and how much time you expect yourself to be able to allocate towards poker:
  • 47 replies
    • shamlu
      shamlu
      Bronze
      x [edited by thazar]
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      before the mods remove your post due to post count i would like to interject and hope they use some kind of common sense here...

this is staking for NL2, there should be very few people with a post count of over 300 who would require a stake at this limit and of those few they generally wont be the right sort (if you spent soo much time on poker forums then you really should be winning much higher micro stakes imo, and if you cant theres normally extra reason not to stake.)

just my 2 cents..
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Shamlu

I have edited your post as per the staking rules you need to have 300 posts to make a staking request

best regards

Thazar

Originally posted by jmackenzie
      before the mods remove your post due to post count i would like to interject and hope they use some kind of common sense here...

this is staking for NL2, there should be very few people with a post count of over 300 who would require a stake at this limit and of those few they generally wont be the right sort (if you spent soo much time on poker forums then you really should be winning much higher micro stakes imo, and if you cant theres normally extra reason not to stake.)

just my 2 cents..
      Hi jmackenzie

The 300 post criteria was chosen just for the reason that it is achievable by anyone, playing any limit. So I have decided to enforce it.

Regards

Thazar
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Edited by stevegold87 : Reason : Less than 300 posts
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Edited by stevegold87 : Reason : Less than 300 posts
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Hi Im interested in this big time! Im currently playing nl5 sh at Poker Stars, but I would be willing to move down and to a different site. Im very interested in this offer. it sounds like you would be a great coach and I hope to hear from you soon.

P.S Great blog, it sounds like the phillipeans is a great place to live :)

So does this sound like something that might suit you?
      If so, then please write a presentation about yourself answering the following questions:
      First name:
      Anton
      Poker experience: (What you’ve played and how you got started)

I Started playing poker about 7 years ago and Im just starting to get serious about it.
      I have played everything from sng, to 9 max to tournaments but I cant seem to get my self out of the micros :(

Top strength in poker: (What is your best ability when it comes to playing poker cash game?)
      Iam and excellent mind game player. I would say that I rarely tilt due to reading many articles and the purchasing of some quality poker mind set books ie: The Poker Mindset, Zen and the Art of Poker.

Worst weakness in poker: (What is it you’re struggling with the most in poker cash game?)
      I would say that I struggle with playing to passively.

The reason why you’re seeking stake:

I would love to improve my SH game and FINALY get out of the micros.

What you expect from this staking deal:

I expect to improve my game and get to nl20.

What you do for a living and how much time you expect yourself to be able to allocate towards poker:

Iam a student and living at home so, LOTS OF TIME that I can dedicate towards poker.

Thanks
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Oh man this is something I would be interested in :(

Hopefully theres still a spot by the time I reach 300.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Very very nice offer!
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      hi there, my name is Perucao

[edited by purplefizz]
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Perucao,

sorry you do not meet staking requirements in our community at the moment.
      here are our rules. Staking Rules (English Community)

you are welcome to reapply once they have been fulfilled. :)

thanks,
      wendy
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Helo Erik you have a great offer and i would like verry much to be a part of it :)

My name is Bogdan i am from Romania i started playing poker about 3 years ago i won a freeroll and won about 15$ ofc i lost them all.

After a long break i found pokerstrategy first 50$ i got from this great site i build it up due to a good run up to 300$ with no bankroll managment skills and ofc i lost it all again

This happend a couple times again in the last years.

I struggled a lot with Bankroll managment in the last years but this year i
      started playing again with money from pokerstrategy playing NL2 i deposit some more and got up to NL4.

I had to cash out and now im currently playing on Pokerstars on NL2.

I fell in love with the dinamic of 6 max and i only play 6 max.

My top strength in poker is patience to wait for good cards and folding when i know im beat.

I also think about my self that i am verry creative in my lines but its not that helpfull on NL2 maybe becose i overthink some spots and make unnecessary advanced plays.

My weakness in poker until know was Bankroll managemnt and skipping from one varriant of poker to another , once i eliminate this with a lot of money lost i could say that my biggest weakness is handreading and putting the opponnent on a range.

My reason for wanting to be in your progam is that i want to learn as much as i can and meet others players who think about this game as way of making a living out of it.
      I don't neccesarly need the stake money since i already play on pokerstars and i would gladly invest my own money in this program only to benefit from the coachings and what you have to offer.

My expectations from this staking deal is to learn as much as i can from you and reach NL10 in a shorter time span with your help.

Now i am living at my parents house im 21 years old im am not working i am a student at a university here in romania and have lots of free time to dedicate towards poker.

I would say that i could invest at least 20 h as and avrage per week maybe more.

i would love to be a part of your offer and i hope to talk soon also if you need any more info about me feel free to ask

I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Thank you and have a nice day,
      Bogdan

PS to mods.
      If i broke any rules of staking please inform me and i will update the post as soon as possible.
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      hi,

i read your stacking rules and i don't see anything that says that i can't aply to this stack.

why can't i aply to this stacking?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi jperucao

As our rules state, you need to have 300 post in the English Community.

Best regards

Thazar
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      ah ok.

I tought that the 300 posts where in any comunity. In portuguese i have more than 300. But thats ok. I'm going start seeing more and coment more in english comunity :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      that's good to hear. :) we are looking forward to getting to know you more in our community.
      why dont you make an introduction thread so we can get to know you a little better?
      Introduce yourself here
    • rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      Still looking for applicants :)
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm Glen!

First and foremost, i'm a Filipino. and how have you been enjoying Philippines so far? :)

Poker Experience:

I started with a $100 deposit. MTT's were my main game at first, starting at the 25cents 90 man. Through the help of pokerstrategy articles, i was able to gradually build my bankroll and have withdrew almost $3,000 in profits from poker now. Most of the profits were from tournaments.

I'm currently switching to NL10 SH, and doing well so far. But I'm going back to the basics. That's why I believe having your coaching would boost my learning. You could also learn about my progress through my blog. :)

Top Strength in Poker:
      I'm very patient especially when looking for the right spots. I'm very disciplined. I know when to stop and not lose my money from tilt. I'm learning to adapt my game, aggressive or passive, loose or tight, depending on the situation.

Worst weakness in Poker:
      I understand the basics but I'm not very good with calculating odds, and equities yet. Also, I have problems prolonging my concentration especially when having beats and coolers. But most of all, I have a problem with my red line (non-showdown winnings). I want to learn how to put it above the profit line.

The reason why I'm seeking stake:
      I currently play in PokerStars, but I want to start playing in other sites, since I've read a lot that you could easily find more fishes in other sites. Also, I can't move my bankroll yet to other sites. Most importantly, I want to learn and I want to improve, and your coaching is what interests me the most.

What I expect from this staking deal:
      I expect to learn A LOT from this staking deal. Also, I expect to get a lot of motivation and inspiration from you as well. Motivation is what I need as often times, I lack it. I believe that through this staking, I could push myself further, do more, and achieve more.

What I do for a living and how much time I expect myself to be able to allocate towards poker:
      I've been playing poker for a living for more than a year now. Basically, I've been earning enough like an average employee here in the Philippines. So I can fully devote myself to poker, and can play 4 to 5 hours in a day, and other times for studying.
    • mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      ahh man i wish i was more active in forum instead of just reading all the blogs lol damn it!! ill know for future stakes maybe :f_cool:
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Hey there, first off im Chris and im from England, really enjoying your blog btw. :)

Poker experience:

I first found poker by messing around on zynga poker with some of my friends, i then found the game fascinating and have been playing since, i then found pokerstrategy and got my first starting capital at ipoker, which i started by playing mtts and sngs, with no idea of variance or brm.

I then moved to cash games, and left ipoker as i didnt like the software that much, moved to Party and have been playing nl2 fr on there with slight success.

Top strength in poker:

Id say may top strengths in poker are knowing when to fold, which may sound stupid, but i have spoken to players who say they find it hard to fold say AA or KK sometimes on the drawiest boards. Also another strength of mine i feel is knowing when im going on tilt, and taking a break for a while to recompose myself and not tilt money away.

Worst weakness in poker:

Id say my worst weakness atm is im not the best at quickly working out odds and equities, for example in specific situations im not good at working out my equity vs a certain range.

Reason for seeking stake:

The reason im seeking this stake is mainly for the coaching, ive been playing nl2 FR and have been wanting to switch to SH, ive had moderate success at SH but over very small sample size, and so im hoping your coaching will help me improve in my understanding of SH play.

I would also like to add that i have a small roll at ipoker from my inital starting capital, and i have a slightly bigger roll at party, either of these im willing to put towards this staking/coaching deal if needed.

What i expect from this staking deal:

From this staking deal i expect to gain a greater understanding of SH play, and how to play in specific situations, i also think that this staking deal would give me alot of motivation to play without being results orientated, which you do in your blog where you set yourself goals and you arent results orientated which i think is a very good mindset to have and maybe you could help me with my mindset aswell.

What i do for a living and how much time i expect to be able to allocate towards poker:

Im a student at the minute in my first year at university, and i have a pretty relaxed schedule, so i expect to be able to put devote alot of time to poker, roughly about 3-4 hours a day.

Hopefully i hear back from you soon :)