Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      Hero ($10.31)
      UTG ($11.04)
      CO ($6.88)
      BTN ($3.97)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $2.40, fold

SB wins $1.80

16/13/1.7, steal from SB 43 (7), fold to 3bet 67 (3), 132 hands

He opens very wide. Could call to keep his weak range, but somehow I thought his kings will dominate me often so better to get rid of them. I only might dominate 78, 68s, 89, T8,J8, Q8. Of cousrse K2-K7. Maybe not that bad, and call then would be better.

But another problem is that I can only get one street of value, I think I cannot continue two streets with such kicker if he 2nd barrels. SO he can easily bluff me if I jsut call IP.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Nah, I'd also rather 3bet here but the 3bet size is questionable. Sometimes I might even prefer doing it a bit bigger ~$1+ at least. Since I wouldn't do the same sizing with my strong made hands.

With calling your K is way too often dominated and you neither don't know that much his postflop play or at least didn't write much. :D

If you had AA here, would you 3bet the same amount?

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold

Yeah, I usually don't 3bet too much in postion. If I were OOP then, 3bet more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

Well, if you would have done the same amount then practically you would have given him correct odds for set mining. :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, if you would have done the same amount then practically you would have given him correct odds for set mining. :)
      Somehow I have learned that standart 3bet size is 3x. But probably the article where I learned it assumed that openr raise is 4bb, then probably 3x is enough. Ok, I will now try to remember that even in position, when the openraise is 3bb then 3bet more than 3x
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Somehow I have learned that standart 3bet size is 3x. But probably the article where I learned it assumed that openr raise is 4bb, then probably 3x is enough. Ok, I will now try to remember that even in position, when the openraise is 3bb then 3bet more than 3x

That's the problem with those articles. They don't talk much about those open-raises at all. I guess I should write another article. :D For example as well vs min-raises and etc stuff. They just take default raises into account which is 4xBB.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Probably when they wrote those articles the poker was much softer and you didn't need to know too much to beat micros. Thats good idea to write an article :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Probably when they wrote those articles the poker was much softer and you didn't need to know too much to beat micros. Thats good idea to write an article :)
      Most likely, there are actually a lot of articles missing. :)