Double or Break-Even?

• MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      When I was thinking of a title for this thread the first idea that came into my head was: Am I so bad that I would end up with nothing? :f_eek: I believe I can manage to play at least break-even!

So here I am again :) I registered here long time ago and tried to reach something as a poker player but it didn't go well so I fixed my real life and now poker is FUNNN!! That's what it is supposed to be. I have two bankrolls: real life and poker now :) I don't care if I will lose my poker money, I don't have to make money to pay the rent and so on...

So here we go :) My name is Markas and I'm Lithuanian and I'm still young only 23 years old. Last year I was able to graduate from LCC International University (major business administration). I sent my CV to PokerStrategy after that but I didn't pass :) :) I know - no experience. But it was my dream job. Unfortunately... life is no fun sometimes :f_cry:

So I moved to Denmark to work in company "Bring" just to make a living and the salary was pretty good compared with what can I make in Lithuania these days. Hard times need hard decisions. At least my girlfriend is with me :f_love: After that a new possibility - new job. So now I am an employer of Ticket 2 Heaven. (Google if you need clothes for your baby, child or beautiful wife). The job is better than driving and my make a little bit more money and work less hours - meaning more hours for poker. :]

So enough about me... Now continue to my poker blog. I will play double or nothing (probably you understood that from my title). I will play on cake network, cake poker room itself. My bankroll is 50$ and I will start with 5$ buy-ins, I believe I can beat them. :s_love: Every time I reach 100$ in my account, I will cash out 50$. I don't want to keep money in cake poker account because it had problems with cash outs in the past. It seems that know everything is ok.

What do I want to achieve in poker?
      - Loyalty level 25 (long-term);
      - 800 euros cash out for my laptop (long-term);
      - 100 dollar cash out for Holdem Manager 2 (short-term); Not really sure if I need it.
      - Gold level at PokerStrategy (short-term);
      - Achieving something at PokerStrategy that they would notice me and I would have a possibility to work this awesome company (super long-term);
      - Cake poker loyalty level 25 (long-term)

I won't have any more short-terms goals because poker is only FUN for me. I don't know how much time I will have every week for it. I will try to update this at least once a week and I hope I run hot at the tables. :s_cool:

And some photos of me.
      Me and my girlfriend

Me and very big boobs.

Me with my gay friend. (he's not really gay)

Enough for now.
      Let's have some beer this Saturday evening. :P
  • 21 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there Markas,

Nice intro :) great start with some pictures!

I sent my CV to PokerStrategy after that but I didn't pass smile smile I know - no experience. But it was my dream job. Unfortunately... life is no fun sometimes
      which job was this then?

Also, make sure you keep the right brm, starting with $5 buy-ins sound a bit too much don't you think? In fact, there is a bankroll limitation in place which only allows you to play at the limits recommended by our beginner's strategy. As a beginner you can only play stakes up to:

• No Limit $0.02/$0.04

• Fixed Limit $0.10/$0.20

• Sit and Go $1.

In order lift this restriction you can either deposit a minimum of $100 or generate $50 in rake and/or tournament fees.

Don't forget about the daily freerolls :)

Best of luck at the tables
      Ingrid
    • LordLauta
      LordLauta
      Bronze
      gl with ur poker life bud! And don't take me wrong but, your gf is really pretty :) cya.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yea, don't take me wrong as well but those stone boobs are pretty too. GL.
    • LordLauta
      LordLauta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Yea, don't take me wrong as well but those stone boobs are pretty too. GL.
      HAHAHAHAAHAHA :P
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Good luck man... Doing the same thing myself - Although looks like I haven't been away as long as you :)
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi there Markas,

Nice intro :) great start with some pictures!

I sent my CV to PokerStrategy after that but I didn't pass smile smile I know - no experience. But it was my dream job. Unfortunately... life is no fun sometimes
      which job was this then?

Also, make sure you keep the right brm, starting with $5 buy-ins sound a bit too much don't you think? In fact, there is a bankroll limitation in place which only allows you to play at the limits recommended by our beginner's strategy. As a beginner you can only play stakes up to:

• No Limit $0.02/$0.04

• Fixed Limit $0.10/$0.20

• Sit and Go $1.

In order lift this restriction you can either deposit a minimum of $100 or generate $50 in rake and/or tournament fees.

Don't forget about the daily freerolls :)

Best of luck at the tables
      Ingrid
      I know all about bankroll :) I have 500$ more for poker in my netteller account but as I mentioned I don't want to keep it at cake. I know they are getting better with cash outs but I'll try to keep it small for some more time.

Job... hmmm Can't remember the exact title of it. Something with market research or something like this. But as far as I remember someone mentioned that it will be removed in the near future or changed by something else. =)
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      So my first small session is over. Got pretty angry on cake for no traffic. So I decided to mix double or nothing games with full-ring SNGs (4 places paid). They are pretty much played the same, just more fish enjoy playing them because of more action.

This is the most interesting hand of the day probably, where I tried to steal the big blind by pushing and got called by 75s. :f_confused:

Pretty much that's it. Nothing interesting really, some basics and that's it... Push/fold ... Flips... They didn't go that well :)

Bankroll: 58.45$ So I added one more buy-in to my bankroll which is better than losing one buy-in obviously. :s_love:

Loyalty level: 0 (7.88/100 towards level 1)

Usually I play 6 tables and once but today couldn't get more than two running. :f_cry:
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      hey... time to update :) "Lietuvos Rytas" won today so I am happy :f_cool: On the other hand I'm pretty tired because of the inventory checking or however it is called. Played a little bit poker since last time. Mixed up with some heads up games. I don't have much time for poker and it sucks when there is no traffic. :s_cry: But as far as I think the traffic is getting better for SNGs.

As you can see from my graph I had a little swing. Probably because of too much pushing and trying to steal in stupid positions, had to play many flips which didn't go well. So decided to play tighter and the graph is back on track.

Current bankroll: 85.40$ (35.40$ profit from the blog start).
      Loyalty level 0 (53.97/100 to reach 1)

I'm still not getting any PokerStrategy points and that sucks, still Cake Poker has confirmed that I'm tracked under PokerStrategy. How often are the points updated here from Cake? Should I wait more or should I start worrying about my Gold Status? :(

I'm waiting for any comments about this blog. I want to make it more interesting.

And here is a photo for you that I have taken in summer. (I hate winter) :f_mad:

:f_love:
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      I'm pretty angry because of the shit going on... People play for fun and they don't f*cking care about the money... and cake rewards them. Can't beat anything.

The last hand is here:
      http://cakepoker.eu/en/HandHistory?Hand=xsPNxc2xw7HCssTExMTGwYjGxcbGzcPC

He's pushing 72 preflop ... Of course I'm calling with QQ.

I'm pretty pissed off right now and my graph shows pretty clearly that I'm tilting. But I'm still above my starting bankroll so that pretty much makes me happy. :s_evil:

I decided to switch some things around for the sake of good. I won't be playing full-ring double or nothings because they are not getting enough traffic and I'm tired of 1-tabling or 2-tabling and they run for about one hour or so which is usually too long for me.

So I am moving to 6-handed double or nothing SNGs. They have a little bit higher rake for some reason. :f_eek: But at the same time they have higher traffic (maybe not higher but they need additional 5 people to register without me and I can 5-table or 6-table easily).
      And they are played more aggressively which makes them way more fun to play. At the same time I'll be raking more - getting more rakeback and reaching better PokerStrategy status easier. Still I'm not sure if I need it because they don't have any strategy for what I play now. :(

P.S. Congratulations NBA fans - the season is back on track, though I like Euroleague way more.
      [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0YgqN2tPJVfvAISU4ORjBOzc8GQyBpOo6l09VwfGVfGvymE38OG13PHEc[/img]
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      Time for an update. Finally hit an upswing where I could win some very important flips. :tongue:

P.S. This graph does not include cash games that I played before of course.

As I said in my first post I will make some cash outs but I still cannot do them because of the deposit bonus - I don't want to lose it.

Current bankroll: 152.05$ (102.05$ profit from the blog start)
      Loyalty level: 1 (93.04/200 to reach level 2)
      277 strategy points to reach Gold Level.

I have 3 gold chips right now, which are not really useful but you can always use them for a small bonus (not really sure if it's a good idea 40 gold chips - 10$ bonus) or some tournaments. :f_cool:

That's it for now. :]
    • jperucao
      jperucao
      Bronze
      letsssssss go
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      hey everyone, no update for a while :/ 100$ in account again! :)

I had to move to a new place and had no internet connection for several days. :) Than I started playing again and got on tilt... so was not in the mood to update this blog. Went back to 50$ ;( mostly because of Omaha sick bad beats... like I am ahead set over set and he hits quads... one outer :f_eek: after that I decided to play some coinflips... donk move for sure. :s_evil:
      For the past two days I played cash only and had some success there. And mostly against regs.. they are pretty bad at cake. They play "robot" poker and are very easy to bluff out of big pots. Going to grind some more this weekend, maybe some SNGs again.. :)

So, from the blog start I made 100$ bucks... Deposited 50$ and cashed out 50$ and 100$ in my account left :) That means I tripled the money I invested - not bad at all. :rolleyes: At least more than I expected when I started writing this shitty blog. :f_p:

Account balance: 101.41$
      Loyalty level: 2 (15.08/300 to reach level 3)

Pending deposit bonus: 35$ (going to grind out next 2 weeks somehow). If I'll have time for poker. I mean I have some time for poker but my girlfriend does not allow me to play :f_mad: She calls me an idiot for playing poker. :s_evil:

You can even see her interpretation "Please, NOOOO NOOOOOO MORE POKER, God, please disconnect the internet."

And don't forget to comment, that keeps me motivated to post here even through the bad times. :f_o:
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze

:f_cry:
    • Riesutas
      Riesutas
      Bronze
      aww, don't cry, I do come here from time to time ;) gl
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Buy her a Twilight book or something, that should buy you a week or two of girlfriend free poker
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Buy her a Twilight book or something, that should buy you a week or two of girlfriend free poker
      It's hard to get a Lithuanian book to Denmark. But she is going to Lithuania for two weeks in January - a lot of time for poker + I'll give her money to buy like 5 books, that she could read and so on :D I found another solution for a short period - she is playing Sims 3: Pets addition or something like that on my xbox. :D So some free time for me. :s_biggrin:
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      About this weekend and poker...

Yesterday, I woke up with full of life for poker, girlfriend was working and so on... But Danish internet failed and there was no internet connection until late evening. I got so f*cking mad because I didn't have what to do all day.

Today, I decided to grind up again because my girlfriend went for shopping - oh yes it takes a lot OFFFFFFF time so I never go with her. The poker didn't go well, I ran like 100$ under EV... Twice lost with AA against AK... :s_cry: once lost with KK against 33... it was pretty f*cked up... You can't even imagine how much I hate cake for this day. the situation is only good because of the 5$ from deposit bonus and won one shootout heads up. 4 players - 1 place paid. Three donks registered to that tournament, all had more than -10k $ according to sharkscope - so I tried my luck there... :s_biggrin:

Balance: 117.08$
      Pending deposit bonus: 30$
      Loyalty level: 2 (97.02/300 to reach level 3)

This video always helps me to be motivated because I am not the only one getting beats.
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      hey everyone, long time no see.. :f_cool:

Sad news from my side, I have to leave cake poker because they don't have a new Danish license or whatever and I don't want to risk my funds. So I have to move on... My first choice was PokerHeaven, that I could get PS points but... they blocked my account the same day, they don't have that license as well...
      This is pretty shitty to say the least.
      So I cashed out 130$ profit from cake poker. Which is quite good for me, I mean more than expected. I made 100 euro deposit to Paradise Poker now and will start grinding a little bit again. Unfortunately, I cannot get any strategy points playing there :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:
      So this is it for now... :f_cry: Maybe I will change the poker room again next year after bwin and party merges and I will now what is happening with ongame ...

The best part is that Denmark is not stupid as France and we will be able to play against the rest of the world. :s_love:
    • MarkasKR
      MarkasKR
      Bronze
      I decided that I won't play any more poker. I just don't get it... I am tilting like an asshole.... I can't take three SNG loses in a row... Complete idiot... I cashed out all what I left... will try to live without poker for a while. I have to decide what do I want to grind... Because I play cash... I play short handed sng, I play double or nothing... I play heads up... And it sucks really. I have to decide where to get better once... But maybe poker is just not for me. :f_cry: