$1.63
      MP1:
      $2.06
      MP2:
      $2
      CO:
      $3.3

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.06, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.22) Q:club: , 7:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.1, MP2 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.42) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, MP2 calls $0.20.

River: ($0.82) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.58, MP2 raises to $1.62 (All-In), Hero calls $0.67 (All-In).

Final Pot: $3.69

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, deuces (2s 2c)
      Hero shows (Ks Qs)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, deuces (2s 2c)

I don't know if I could avoid this considering my opponents stats. If K didn't turn I could fold assuming he had AQ?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KozakFB,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

Preflop: First mistake comes already from the basics here. Your raise size should be bigger, 3limpers = 4xBB + 3xBB (limpers) + 1xBB being OOP, so ~$0,16.

As played
      Postflop: I don't like that much the bet sizing. Of course the board is very dry but you might just induce any kind of bluffs and will never know where you stand. Rather make a normal size ~$0,16 on flop and ~$0,32 on turn. But as we continue what kind of hands do you think he is raising you on the river? There are already some slowplayed sets which beat you. Neither he doesn't look really bad or loose opponent. But of course as we bet and we are even that short it's gonna be really hard to fold for the given odds. If we were deeper then it's rather a fold since I just don't see many hands what would raise there.

For example, if we even expect him to have something like Q9s. Because I doubt that he would limp a lot worse hands as Q7/Q2 here and rather stronger hands as AQ he would most likely raise:

Board: Q:club: 7:spade: 2:diamond:  K:club:  9:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    75.00%  75.00%   0.00% { 77, 22, Q9s }
      UTG+1  25.00%  25.00%   0.00% { KsQs }

Best Regards.