This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK vs overcard on flop

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

This hand gave me alot of confusion.

On the flop, I did a value cbet, as I thought I was likely still ahead. His reraise though was very unusual. No real straight draw, only a flush draw. However, if he was on the flush draw, why did he reraise? So i ruled that out. What was left in my opinion as likely in his range was a pocket pair 88+.

Hence I called, as I'm ahead of this range (with 56.30% equity). On the turn though, hand the dangerous overcard. Hence my uncertain check and then I guess I acted without thinking in folding.

Was I incorrect in folding, and should I rather have called (or even reraised) as Ax type hands are unlikely and my estimate of his range being 88+ accurate? Or how would you go about putting him on a range?

Thanks!!

Party Poker $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1523254
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $3.06
      SB: $9.61
      BB: $4.00
      Hero (UTG): $11.68
      MP: $5.88
      CO: $4.41 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 13, 3B: 8, AF: 3.5, Hands: 63

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: K :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.38) 9 :heart: 4 :diamond: 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, CO raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.46) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.39, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Well, first of all I'd CB he flop bigger ~$0,30 even. :) As we continue it really depends on the opponent, against some I might even 3bet it right on the flop.

But as played we can't really do much on the turn, while Ax hands are also possible like nutFD, A9/A8 or whatsoever and of course even sets are possible. So I'd Check/Fold.

Best Regards.