FLOP ($0.65) 4:diamond: 2:diamond: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

TURN ($1.45) 4:diamond: 2:diamond: 9:spade: 6:club:

BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, BB folds

Hero shows 8:club: 8:diamond:

Hero wins $2.53

Hello,

BB is unknown with 50/0 (2hands)
      do you raise on Turn? if yes, how much you raise?
      do we always raise like 3 times the bet or pot size raise?
      I see people minraise. do you minraise sometimes?

thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Well, what do you think you gonna achieve with such a raise? Do you think you gonna make him fold a 9x here? Or do you just want to get value from draws?

Myself I might even consider to take a pot control line here rather than raising while I doubt that we are ever making a better hand to fold here, just getting value from draws.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Well, what do you think you gonna achieve with such a raise? Do you think you gonna make him fold a 9x here? Or do you just want to get value from draws?

Myself I might even consider to take a pot control line here rather than raising while I doubt that we are ever making a better hand to fold here, just getting value from draws.

Best Regards.
      hello veriz,

I raise Turn for free showdown and get value from draws and I block 89. So less combo's for 9x. If I call Turn, I have to fold many River.
      what is your plan on the River if you call Turn? call any non- :diamond: card?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I raise Turn for free showdown and get value from draws and I block 89. So less combo's for 9x. If I call Turn, I have to fold many River.

Well, that's no point to count any combos here vs such a loose opponent who might even play sometimes something like 58s. :D

what is your plan on the River if you call Turn? call any non- card?

Well, why should he even bet there again? Most likely if he doesn't have a very strong hand he wont bet it either. If I am getting very good odds then I might Call non- but most likely I'd plan to fold since 9x is possible and maybe even better hands/overpairs.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by veriz

Well, that's no point to count any combos here vs such a loose opponent who might even play sometimes something like 58s. :D

but we have just 2 hands with him. So, how can we assume he is loose opponent?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      [quote]Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by veriz

but we have just 2 hands with him. So, how can we assume he is loose opponent?

thanks.
      According his stack size and right now stats, most likely. Especially when you have only 2 hands then you can't count that many combos either. Plus of course you will never even know which draws he calls.