Party Poker 1 dollar Turbos

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Anyone have any hints and tips to beat these?

I try to follow the strategy that I learned from the site but it ends up in me being blinded out.

Should my range be increasing for these?
  • 11 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      rake too high dont play
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      kk ill keep that in mind actually.

When does the rake become reasonable enough to play SNGs at Party?

3 dollar?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      rake is high and the turbos on party are more like super turbos elsewhere, so you need to be very aware of your chip stacks in relation to the blinds and always try to preserve the fold equity.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      11$ maybe if your moneys on party play mtt or cash
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I've noticed that the games are way too fast. I've stopped playing them completely cause I've been finding them almost impossible to beat.
    • idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      u can beat them very easily if u have decent ICM skillz
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I consider myself to have decent ICM skills, I was beating Poker770s 1 dollar regular/turbo SnG's before I moved to Party.

The games so fast that when it gets to mid stage my spots will be picked off by ATC and I'll be stuck in situations where I'm ahead only 60/40.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      you need to stop worrying about getting it in good, just get it in in a profitable spot.

when you push, your likelihood of getting called is usually low if you pick a good spot, so obviously if you get called you are usually behind, but that doesn't happen often enough to make the push bad.

You are also underestimating the value of sucking out sometimes.
    • hogzzz
      hogzzz
      Bronze
      I think its definitely beatable. The majority of party players at $1 are pretty poor. Some of the people on there make the rares all in calls that they will pretty much pay you off with anything so i believe the lack of quality in the opposition makes up for the high rake
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      It's beatable, but why bother trying? build your roll somewhere else or in cash games and come back when you have a roll for $3/ $6 (altho these are not great to at 11% rake, it's 10% from $11 onwards).

Another thing to note is that your edge also diminishes when the structure is so fast, you end up flipping for stacks a lot and only the house wins in those situations.
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      umm played these for quite a while. on a good run i made profit, but in the end managed just too brake even if i remember well. rake is to high and turbo blinds make the game much more luck based

for strategy:

fold until 5 players are left, ofc push when you get premium hand, when the blinds are up to 200/400 push from SB button CO almost with any hand. after there is 4-5 players push with any ace, strong king, any pocket pair. do not push when someone else pushed, unless you got premium hand. in top 5 it's all about aggresion and luck cause blinds are insanely high at that point ( 600/1200 everyone have about 4k chips, for example)

if you managed to double up or triple up early play really tight - your goal is to survive. start making moves when blinds get really big