[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AQ fold flop after raise

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i got this hand in todays session and decided to fold after his flop raise?

What do you think?

This player is 15/12/3.9 so rether tight but i didnt see him playing different regarding to position.

First question is are you going to 3bet also vs such a player from SB.

Wel on flop i hit my hand and of course i decided to bet and i was raised. Well now i see him having here or one of sets or AK or maybe even AA...
      What do you think about this flop play?

Also if he got monster why would he like to raise so much and made me fold almost always??

Thanks and best regards.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $16.12
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $29.24
      BB (Hero):
      $36.62
      MP2:
      $25.35
      MP3:
      $25.92

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, MP3 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.6) 5, 3, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.88, MP3 raises to $9.00, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.48.
  • 7 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Yea, either you fold or shove. Im not sure either, it should be interesting to see what a hand judge says
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

First of all I wouldnt 3bet him, I would just call and play postflop. Either you hit flop or not, you can play well vs him postflop.
      As played I think folding is good, because a 15/13 reg is not going to bluff you with such a big raise, especially this spot, and your cbet wasn't small to induce, he wont turn pp into bluff, he is going to have AA-AK-AQ-55-33 here I think. Why he raises with nuts? I think he doesn't think much about it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think 3-bet pf is fine. You can easily fold to 4-bet and most of the times shouldn´t have no worries playing for stacks postflop.
      I think 3.9 is aggressive enough to make some moves postflop so I wouldn´t b/f AQ that spot. Thinking quite long is fine, but make call and then c/rai turn. I wouldn´t be surprised if he turned his 66 or KQ into bluff instead of floating, since really you don´t 3-bet pf 55/33 and if you can´t really continue also with AQ then he should raise that flop 100% of times.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Do you really can imagine such a bluff from a nit? I am playing these stakes too, and I think I have never seen anything like this bluff in such a spot.
      Although 3.9 AF is high, we dont know hand sample (after 50-100 hands it doesnt really show that much), and nit players always have high AF, because they play only strong hands, not?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      For me question remain why he did move like that and so high pot raise.....i will fold almost everything there this is why i am confused and it was look like bluffing

Also Kaitz20 has the point....if i am going to fold this one then i am going to fold any of such a hands. But it is also known that Kaitz like shoves and he likes aggressive play:) )
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      My reasons why I usually don´t give anyone much credit is that I play almost maniac style: 35/30 and usually have very bad and laggy image. Which means players would start playing back at some point. If your image is nit and you don´t think players would make moves against you then b/f is very often good best play.
      If I would often put myself into good players shoes and try to think what is really your 3-bet range pf and what hands you can continue on that board, then it makes me sense to raise there from time to time as bluff, since what would you really do there with KK-TT or your broadway hands.
      Against nit b/f that spot is perfectly fine, but if you think that player can make moves you should not really find folds too often boards where you have relatively strong hand (at least for 100bb)
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Ok thank you. :)