postgreSQL dosent download with elephant

• dgybel
      dgybel
      Bronze
      hi all.
      i tryed to download the elephant, but i dosent download the postgreSQL automatic.
      then tried to delete elephant and download once again, but still same problem.
      no postgreSQL.
      and no passwords required as shown on the video.
      what am i doing wrong?
      thanks
  • 9 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey dgybel,

please uniinstall postgreSQL (in case it's already installed on your machine) using this bit of help: Deinstalling PostgreSQL correctly

You will find the postgreSQL installation files in the PokerStrategy.com Elephant installation folder.

Use those files to manually install postgreSQL.
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      I have the same problem, did exactly as suggested. And now I have this error message when I type in my password:

"Connection to server database lost!

Further informations:

FATAL: 28000 password authentication failed for user "norman""

The password I created was done 2 seconds before this message, the password is not wrong.
    • dgybel
      dgybel
      Bronze
      got it working...
      thank you
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zareos
      I have the same problem, did exactly as suggested. And now I have this error message when I type in my password:

"Connection to server database lost!

Further informations:

FATAL: 28000 password authentication failed for user "norman""

The password I created was done 2 seconds before this message, the password is not wrong.
      Hey Zareos,

are you sure about the username?
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Yes. I am.

Googled to find a solution, couldn't find one that worked. So I did a complete system re-boot of my computer, starting a fresh. I downloaded the current Elephant version and now, I have this error:

'PostgreSQL DB server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.' The two buttons are 'Retry' and 'Cancel'.

I have Windows XP, am the only user on the computer and the system administrator.

When I had the old version of Elephant this wasn't a problem, when I had the free trial of PT3 this wasn't a problem. This is extremely irritating as I just want to post some hands on the forums here to improve as a player.... :f_cry:
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Yes. I am.

Googled to find a solution, couldn't find one that worked. So I did a complete system re-boot of my computer, starting a fresh. I downloaded the current Elephant version and now, I have this error:

'PostgreSQL DB server 8.3' (pgsql-8.3) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.' The two buttons are 'Retry' and 'Cancel'.

I have Windows XP, am the only user on the computer and the system administrator.

When I had the old version of Elephant this wasn't a problem, when I had the free trial of PT3 this wasn't a problem. This is extremely irritating as I just want to post some hands on the forums here to improve as a player.... :f_cry:
      Hey Zareos,

sorry that you are experiencing problems.

Are you currently using the windows "Administrator" account? If not, do you have access to it?
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Yes, I'm the administrator of my computer...

I can install delete programs freely, it's just elephant and postgres that I'm having trouble with...
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Yes, I'm the administrator of my computer...

I can install delete programs freely, it's just elephant and postgres that I'm having trouble with...
      Well, the error messages clearly states a lack of privileges to install services. I'm afraid there is nothing more I can tell you, other then trying to install it with a real administrator account.

Try creating a new Windows User with administrator privileges.