How monster hands can destroy your tournament: I just need to yell

• JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Just played a tournament. Built my stack nicely up to 70k with bluffs and good calls etc. - so then after a while I get KK. Everyone folds. Np. I get KK again shortly after, I raise 3 BB. Get paid. 2 min later I get AA. I get paid. I have AJ, raise, bet my A on flop, bet the turn... river is a K, opponent shoves all in: he shows KK. Fair enough. Idiot calls 2 streets not believing me.

Some donk makes a huge raise. I shove all in with QQ (im certain i have the best hand) - the idiot calls with 99 and sure enough of course he hits his 2 outter on the river. At this point some idiot in chat keeps saying: ur too aggressive. How the fuck am I too aggressive if I got 3 monster hands within like 5 minutes, FUCKING IDIOT DONKS. I am reminded why I took a break from poker for over 6months. Fucking hate this game again. lol

Just needed to yell. That's all.
  • 11 replies
    • clydePHP
      clydePHP
      Bronze
      be happy you got destroyed by KK not XX
      70k when you are up against same stack like 60k+ you should play AJ carefully specially if youre not in the money if you bet big 2 streets and he called either youre opponent is on a draw or youre beat obviously when he shoves you are likely behind since AJ can be beat by AQ AK 2pair or a set you should fold. its depends on pot size and stack size

about QQ vs 99 they had their reasons but if they don't hit 99 im sure youll be happy they called! its better to be against 99 than AK in my own opinion

i play micro if you play higher this reply is no help, play alot you'll get used to this and use BRM.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I know how op feels :(

But... in before:

You got it in with the best and got sucked out on. If you keep getting it in with the best you'll be a winning player.

Something like that haha.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      I wouldn worry too much I had pocket rockets cracked twice in half hour, both by rivers!!
      AA v 99
      AA v QQ

Is there no justice??
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Originally posted by FatSunnyIs there no justice??
      nope
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Preety sick
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      its when you get AA on two tables playing tourneys and they both get cracked simaltaniously that yu start to get slightly pissed off :P keep your A game up buddy
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      Thanks for all the supportive comments. Id like to add: I really didnt mind the KK on the river. My stack was still at like 50k... so then when I had QQ... and I knew the idiot was hyper aggro, i shoved all in vs his 4k raise... the shocking thing is that he actually CALLED with HIS STACK OF 45k! He risked his whole tournament live with fucking pocket 9s! Thats what pissed me off the most. But I am long over it, the days after that justice returned n I cashed some nice tournaments, all is well :)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      sux :/
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      Please remember that when you got QQ, a call with 99 is exactly what you want!
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      Thanks for all the supportive comments. Id like to add: I really didnt mind the KK on the river. My stack was still at like 50k... so then when I had QQ... and I knew the idiot was hyper aggro, i shoved all in vs his 4k raise... the shocking thing is that he actually CALLED with HIS STACK OF 45k! He risked his whole tournament live with fucking pocket 9s! Thats what pissed me off the most. But I am long over it, the days after that justice returned n I cashed some nice tournaments, all is well :)
      What site was this on/buy in/tourny format?

The 99 might have been me :}
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      better luck next time mate