This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 - KK missed a little value?

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Started checking over-pairs on the turn once in a while, usually when the board is fairly dry against some certain types of opponents.

Betting all 3 streets seems a little too strong, against opponents with relatively low %'s of seeing the showdown I'm usually behind if they call down to showdown. Given this I figure playing a little more tricky once in a while can get the villian to call down with a wider range / bluff into me.

In this instance it didn't work too great, I thought he would call my river bet perhaps with Jx.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.45
      BU:
      $5.2

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.33, BU calls $0.23.

Flop: ($0.69) J:diamond: , 7:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.41, BU calls $0.41.

Turn: ($1.51) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.51) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.59, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.51
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Well, if you Check the turn what's your plan for turn and river? Do you plan to Check/Call both streets or what? Of course there is an option to Check there but you also must have a further plan.

Most likely against that kind of opponent I'd just 2nd barrel.

Best Regards.