[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - Midpair from coaching

• hasenbraten
      Hero ($25.65)
      Button ($29.84)
      SB ($33.33)
      BB ($16.78)
      UTG ($27.15)
      MP ($36.94)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: , 6:heart: .
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 6:club: , Q:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.10) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BB calls $2.25.

River: ($9.60) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $5.75, Hero raises to $12.5

Vilian was more on the Loose side, not absolutely passive but with callingstation-ambitions. flop in my opinion is a clear valuebet, questionable is the turn and riverplay. turn can as well be checked behind, but i like to bet this small because i wont be faced by a big riverbet i dont know what to do on if i checked behind turn. this way i can easily fold on the river if i dont improve and he leads out. second i build the pot for a possible hit against a better hand, without the seven im c/f on the river. with the 7 it gets interesting, vilian has a little bit more then a min.raise left after he bets.
      call fold or shove?
      i like a shove because i see him often enough lead here with a lone queen
      since beside 35 which already got there on the turn and is not the likeliest holding no draw got there i expect to be ahead >50% when called even if its close.
  • 4 replies
    • aanty2000
      i dont like the small barell on the turn . i would either fire 2/3 pot or check it behind . against a player like you described i think i would barrel again cuz they float (ip or oop ) alot on this kind of flops and if you bet <1/2 pot they will call turn with whatever they called flop . i shove his river donk ...
    • hasenbraten
      is it bad that they call on the turn with whatever they called the flop with?
      do you want him to fold here?
    • srohack
      you bet <1/2 pot and get called and your hand doesnt improve on the river and he donks into you on the river ? what do you do ? you fold because you practicaly dont know where you stand . he may do this with his entire range because your small bet induces donk leads like his and with a 7 with no kicker is not the optimal decision to make a hero call imo . but if you bet more you acomplish two things : if he is not a retarded station he wont continue with a 4 or a 6 or an ace (wich is fine for me to get the pot on the turn ) and you get an idea where you stand if he calls ... and you will get a free showdown most of the times because must often if you bet biger he will check the river waiting for another bet from you . so if you improve on the river (like you did) you can go for value against this type of player and if you dont you see the showdown . i dont think i explained it very well ... hope you get my idea
    • TribunCaesar
      check behind turn, raise river.