[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH big draw

• NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      I've been picking my brain about this hand since yesterday and still am not sure. My Holdem manager is currently down so il have to just describe the hand and any advice would be much appreciated. Hero and villain both roughly 140 bb deep. Hero (Co) raises KhQh. Btn flats. Flop comes Jh 10h 8d. Monster flop for me obviously. I bet about half pot and villain makes a small raise. My thinking here is he could any aj, kj, qj, kind of hand or possibly 88. With his pre flop I was pretty sure he'd have 3 bet 1010 or jj from the btn . Obviously I have massive equity with this hand so don't mind getting it in on the flop, or taking the pot uncontested. I decided to 4 bet. And this is where I got stumped. He flatted the 4 bet. Now I'm thinking he may also have a draw or an aj sort of hand trying to control the pot size. Turn is 2c which is obviously a total blank. At this point the pot was about 9 bucks and I had about 9 bucks left in my stack. I decided to ship the turn, thinking I could take the pot right there. Villain called with Jc 10s and I missed the river. My thought on the turn was that if he flopped a straight or a set he'd have 5 bet shoved the flop. What do you guys think? Any suggestions on an alternative stance in this hand would be appreciated!
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you play on the flop and turn is fine. He would not really fold there top two pair, but even against that hand you still have decent equity:

board: JhTh8s2s
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      KhQh 33.59% 133 0
      JT 66.41% 263 0

So I don´t think you should c/f turn. If you can ever make him fold AJ or A high flushdraw, it would be really big win for you, so I think I would prefer shoving instead if trying to see if you improve on the river.

Best regards,
    • NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      Great, thanks! Makes me feel a bit better, pity the bankroll doesn't agree!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello NeilSimpson,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Why do you CB in first place so small? Just half pot? Would you ever do that with strong made hand? Rather make a normal CB here 2/3 or something similar.

With his pre flop I was pretty sure he'd have 3 bet 1010 or jj from the btn .

Don't agree, he may as well even Call with TT/JJ here. And after you continue here against his raise, you don't 4bet but just 3bet. Bet/He Raises/You 3bet. What's your 3bet size?

As played
      Turn: Really depends what kind of calling range do you expect him to have here? He will most likely not fold his hand, unless he really has something like T9. For example if we expect him not to fold and mostly have made hands then we would need 50% equity, which means $9 into $9. And against for example a range of :

Board: J:heart: T:heart: 8:diamond:  2:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    38.16%  38.16%   0.00% { KhQh }
      UTG+1  61.84%  61.84%   0.00% { JJ-88, AJs, KJs, QJs, Q9s, J9s+, T9s, AJo, KJo, QJo, JTo, T9o }

You ain't getting it, for that reason I might even prefer rather to Check and take a look at the further action.

Best Regards.