This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG winrate

• 14 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      give me some variables / tables / assumed roi/ rake / site
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      your playing at party with 20% rake so you need to be a big winner to advance
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      i just don't understand how people play on party that 0.8$+0.2$ sit n go's. Or party have already changed the rake for micros?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      the only people who play them is people pokerstragey refers to play them :coolface:
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      by the way $0.8+0.2 sit n gos has a rake of 25% not 20%.

80 - 100
      20 - x
      x=25

1$+0.2 has a rake of 20%.

Dear pokerstrategy students, today we have learned that party poker is a shi*y room for grinding micro sit n goes.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Ya when people get the starting capital and do the sng/quiz and plan to play sng's only partys at the top of the list when they pick their room because of their close business relationship. There really should be a reg flag. For cash games I would recommend any new player receiving the 50$'s to pick party but for sng's it should be last on the list. I just remember about 1000 players stating blogs about starting 1$ sng's at party and every single one of them goes broke lol.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      on microstakes sng's players are so horrible that 20 % rake is not so important to beat those limits. If you gonna play from 50 $ avoid ipoker at all costs anyway.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      on microstakes sng's players are so horrible that 20 % rake is not so important to beat those limits. If you gonna play from 50 $ avoid ipoker at all costs anyway.
      you underestimate the power of the rake.
    • hogzzz
      hogzzz
      Bronze
      Thanks for your input guys. I'm up about $25 from 400 sit and go's, but i finally decided to start grinding cash games as it is probably more profitable and maybe convert back over to sit and gos when rake more friendly :) From experience you guys do you find it easier to build a roll with sng or cash?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      IMO sngs have more bad players compared to cash games, but rake needs to be reasonable, otherwise you'd be grinding out a 1-2% winrate, which really sucks.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Im playing $1.50 18 mans on stars for the last 2 weeks. Played around 400 games myself and up 120 buyins or so but i ran very well at the start. Im also conservative with my bankroll so im moving up when i get to $350. I also withdrew some winnings and played red spade open, so my br is only $125, Im estimating, depending on how i run it will take about 3 weeks. maybe less if i put in volume.

Personally if you have a roi of like 20% which is achievable at $1.50s then moving up with a 50 buyin rule could take 2 weeks max. But if you are only up $25 over 400 games, you're either running bad or need to work on your game.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Its easier to build a roll in the hundreds from cash easist to build one in the thousands with sng's
    • hogzzz
      hogzzz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      Its easier to build a roll in the hundreds from cash easist to build one in the thousands with sng's
      Thanks man I'll try that!
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      I just found $1 10ppl sng's in everest which has no rake. So i think everest is the best room to start grinding sit n go's.