[NL2-NL10] TT preflop 4bet

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

What do you think about this hand. Well let me tell you my thought process behind this hand. I raised in the last 3-4 hands in a row and took the blinds something with a real hand and some trash. A think I created a quite loose image and I had a feeling that a could be 3betted very lightly. Just to let you know I never ever call a 3bet OOP in a HU pot.I either 4 bet or fold. So I got a 3bet by a player who s stats are : 22/16/4.3/3bet 9%(79)/261 hands and very interesting was the key stat that convinced me to go this line (BU 3 bet 17%(18) which was his highest value at that point and Fold to 3bet 100%(2) ). This 2 stats told me that he likes to play 3 bet pot in position and that he is familiar with 3bet turning into a bluff. Also his 9% 3bet and AF are quite high for this limits especially the overall 3bet(huge number NL2). So with all these stats and the image I had I took the line 4bet/fold. So my questions are:
      1.Is correct my attitude not to call a 3bet OOP in a HU pot?
      2.Is this play correct regarding despite having his fundamentals on image and mostly stats?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):
      $2.71
      MP2:
      $0.71
      MP3:
      $0.74
      CO:
      $0.76
      BU:
      $2.79
      SB:
      $2.98
      BB:
      $1.86
      UTG1:
      $0.45
      UTG2:
      $1.68

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.24, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.71, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.27.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Well, if he had rather unknown image and we wouldn't know him then I might just Call and play for the set value while we can, even being OOP. And at the same time not isolate myself against very strong hands. Why should we invest that much into the pot and then even fold our TT, isn't it a bit too weak vs such a player?

2.Is this play correct regarding despite having his fundamentals on image and mostly stats?

Well, totally. Would be kinda ugly to play it postflop when seeing any kind of overcards. You can make him fold right here as well but the question is how should we continue if he decides to ship or 5bet.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Well, if he had rather unknown image and we wouldn't know him then I might just Call and play for the set value while we can, even being OOP. And at the same time not isolate myself against very strong hands. Why should we invest that much into the pot and then even fold our TT, isn't it a bit too weak vs such a player?

Well, totally. Would be kinda ugly to play it postflop when seeing any kind of overcards. You can make him fold right here as well but the question is how should we continue if he decides to ship or 5bet.

Best Regards.
      1.I read this play in "easy game vol 1." where Andrew said never evera call a 3bet OOP in HU pot regarding of what cash game limits do we play. In the beginning it was quite hard to fold for example JJ or 1010 just because of a 3bet from 12/10 player 3%bet but I can personally say it is just awesome how this factor saved me money. I do not fear variance and I m representing on this limits with my 4bet raise a very huge hand especially against grinders on this limits.
      Well my question is you said call for set value,right? I mean if I call a 3bet doesn t apply the rule Call15? Well in this case 15*16=300 and he doesnt have much left right, neither am I having that kind of much. So I dont understand your answer. Even on a flop and turn were our TT is an overpair would you go broke?( example 2566)
      2.If he ships(5bet) I fold and I fold quite confident that he has me crushed. If he calls depends on the type on player what am I facing postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1. Well, don't base only on those books. It's totally incorrect to say that never-ever Call a 3bet OOP. :) This one is perfect to do that. Why should you turn such a strong hand into bluff and 4bet/Fold? And even if we have just overpair it doesn't meant that we have to play for the stacks. Why should it? You practically investing the same amount as you would have invested preflop with your 4bet/Fold.

2. And might even easily just fold the best hand? Do you think he is 3bet/Folding with hands like AK?