ID verification nightmare

• SzaBlyA
      SzaBlyA
      Bronze
      Hi!

Well, this is my first post, although registered here quite a while ago. And not that cheery of a first post either. Don't know if it's normal, but does bet365 really need so many ID's from me, just to verify my account?

I talked with one of their employees over the phone. I already uploaded to them a copy of the front and back of my government ID, then they asked for a photo of me holding that same ID. I obliged, let's get this over with. THEN they need more. Passport/driving license/birth certificate. Seeing that I never had a driver's license, and because I didn't travel outside the EU in the last years, I didn't have my passport renewed either. I'm planning though, next year, before my ID expires too.

Long story short, I sent a copy of my birth certificate and I gave them the PVC code too, which just arrived today in my mail. AND now they want another form of ID, passport or driving license. *sigh* Although I already wrote them I don't have any of those.

Is this normal or am I the only one having to go through this? Plus I got a reply today, that they need a copy of those documents to process my withdrawal. WTF? I just deposited and had my account suspended until the ID verification process goes through. Maybe it was just an automatic response, that they send to everybody.

Anyways, do I really need to go and get my passport done just for this? AND wait three weeks probably until I get my new passport? (last time I checked it took that long, maybe they're faster now)

Well, I'm frustrated, just want to know if anybody else had to go through such a long ID verification process, it's almost a week now. I'm afraid that even if I get my new passport and send them a copy, they will still ask for the damn driving license. Or come up with some new excuse. Yeah, I'm always the optimist :f_p:

What I learned though is that I will never deposit before getting through the ID check first. Because this is getting ridiculous, even though I understand why it's necessary.
  • 12 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by SzaBlyA
      What I learned though is that I will never deposit before getting through the ID check first. Because this is getting ridiculous, even though I understand why it's necessary.
      Hi SzaBlyA,

I regret to hear of these problems you are currently having with bet365. I have never played there personally so I'm not sure on the standard of their verification system.

You summed it up very well at the part the I have quoted. Although I.D. Checks are quite a pain in the behind, they are still very necessary and it is to the players advantage that they are so strict.

I hope you can get this sorted very soon.

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • SzaBlyA
      SzaBlyA
      Bronze
      Since Thursday the suspension got lifted, it seems they were happy with my documents after all. I can log in now, which is great. :s_biggrin:

Hopefully there won't be any more problems in the future, when it will come to eventually withdrawing, now that this thing is out of the way. But took more than a week though, and they didn't even write me back about my ID check. I wrote them Thursday evening to check on it, and that's when they replied that my account has been re-activated.

Anyways, just wanted to update the thread, that the problem's solved now.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Glad to hear that it's all sorted :)
    • mattec
      mattec
      Bronze
      Sick behavior. A bit too much of verification.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mattec
      Sick behavior. A bit too much of verification.
      Agreed, too many sites do this, they are happy to take your money with no ID check but make you jump through hoops to get it back
    • wiathphkRwi
      wiathphkRwi
      Bronze
      bet365 suck ass. bad move that i put money here, wish i never did
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by wiathphkRwi
      bet365 suck ass. bad move that i put money here, wish i never did
      Hi there wiathphkRwi,

Care to share your experience with Bet365?
    • wiathphkRwi
      wiathphkRwi
      Bronze
      i tried to withdraw and had to send my photo id , so i did. and cant withdraw and say i have to send birth certificate and still cant withdraw. and do the postal verification and did, and still cant withdraw, now the want more ids
    • pokstar007
      pokstar007
      Bronze
      The worst poker website,

When I wanted to make withdraw,they decided that they need to call me on my telephone.I told them that my English is not good enough,and ask them is it possible that someone else is talking instead of me,and they sad it must be me!Now I cannot get my money back,worst poker website!!!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey pokstar007,

Is your account set up through PokerStrategy.com? If so we may be able to help you out :)

Regards,
      Gary.
    • pokstar007
      pokstar007
      Bronze
      Unfortunately It was not...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      :(