This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - Ak

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.21
      BU:
      $2.24

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.41) K:heart: , K:club: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, BU folds.

Final Pot: $0.60

Flopped trips and decided not to slow play it.

Is my play fine considering the flush draw? In what ways could I maximize value?

Also any comments about 3-bet? Too strong or is that a good amount?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: 3bet more - $0,24. You want to build the pot if you hit. And especially since you're OOP.

Flop: When he calls 3bet I don't put him on FD. Slowplaying wouldn't me advice so I would cbet a bit more than 1/2 pot.
      Second option would be to c/r if you know opponent gets aggressive when he senses weakness. Straight forward play is better though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KozakFB,

Preflop: Against that kind of small PFR we might even sometimes just flat it and play it postflop. Although if you go for a 3bet then it should be bigger vs his raise size, ~$0,24 at least.

As played
      Postflop: I'd still CB it bigger ~$0,26, that you have a strong hand doesn't mean that we want to build up the pot and get value from worse and of course protect.

Best Regards.