[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - Ak

• KozakFB
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.14.

Flop: ($0.41) K:heart: , K:club: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, BU folds.

Final Pot: $0.60

Flopped trips and decided not to slow play it.

Is my play fine considering the flush draw? In what ways could I maximize value?

Also any comments about 3-bet? Too strong or is that a good amount?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop: 3bet more - $0,24. You want to build the pot if you hit. And especially since you're OOP.

Flop: When he calls 3bet I don't put him on FD. Slowplaying wouldn't me advice so I would cbet a bit more than 1/2 pot.
      Second option would be to c/r if you know opponent gets aggressive when he senses weakness. Straight forward play is better though.
    • veriz
      Hello KozakFB,

Preflop: Against that kind of small PFR we might even sometimes just flat it and play it postflop. Although if you go for a 3bet then it should be bigger vs his raise size, ~$0,24 at least.

As played
      Postflop: I'd still CB it bigger ~$0,26, that you have a strong hand doesn't mean that we want to build up the pot and get value from worse and of course protect.

Best Regards.