The problems with PP

• asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      Hi! I just started playing at PP with the 50$ capital from PS but I find there are some things PP doesn't have that annoys me alot!

They don't have hand statistics (flops seen, pots won @ showdown etc...)

You can't show bluffs

You can't select seat position

Their lowest SnG's are 3$ buy in's, which don't work with the strategy on ps... (having 50BI thingy)

You can't see the important tourney info, like blind or prize structure

No short handed tables in NL10 (and not others either I think...)

These are just things from the top of my head... I could be wrong about some of them (don't think so though).
  • 8 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hi;
      i may help you with few things ;)

1. they have but i cant remember where it is :P (btw; download PokerTracker - 30days trial for free)

2. you can show bluffs: just cancel "Muck loosing/uncalled hands" (down left on table screen)

3. that's true...

4. they have $1 SNGs but only turbo (no idea whats diff between turbo & speed on PP)

5. just click on "Tourney Lobby" from main lobby ;)

6. yea, 1st SH is 0,10/0,25
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99

1. they have but i cant remember where it is :P (btw; download PokerTracker - 30days trial for free)
      Right-click on your sreenname at the table and select Statistics. :)
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      Excellent info guys! Thanks a bunch!

Remembered another one, PP only has a beta on MAC, you can only play it in your internet browser but that isn't working out too well for me... I played for the first time on PP on my macbook and twice in one hour the browser crashed in the middle of a hand and after that I gave up and went back to my PC.

EDIT: I can't find the tourney lobby thingy... Just tournament info at the bottom but the info there is crap...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      SnG don't have lobbys as mucvh as I know (I don't play SnG). However Tourney should have them.

Have you tried installing WinXP (oer any other) with Parallels? I myself use Linux with VMware and it's way better than using Wine or the browser trash. :)
    • BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      turbo SNGs have 2min blind levels and speed SNGs have 5 min levels (I think)... or something like that.. turbo is just faster
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      SnG don't have lobbys as mucvh as I know (I don't play SnG). However Tourney should have them.

Have you tried installing WinXP (oer any other) with Parallels? I myself use Linux with VMware and it's way better than using Wine or the browser trash. :)
      How about the prize structure? I know first place pays 12$, and third pays 4 point something...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      http://www.partypoker.com/tournaments/types_tournament/sit_go/payout.html

This may help. :)
    • icegooner4
      icegooner4
      Bronze
      I don't understand the deal with the 1$ SnG's at PP... they're never available for registration... Always a few ongoing but never any you can register to... Really annoying

EDIT: JESUS this is retarded... I'm trying to get into a 1$ SnG but as soon as one is up for registration it gets filled in about 2 seconds... So you need super fast hands, which is really really intensely stupid.