[NL2-NL10] AQs NL2

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I was wondering did I played this well. I was a 3bet preflop the better option? Did I played to passively?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.32
      SB:
      $1.49
      BB:
      $2.01

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.15) 2, 9, 9 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09.

Turn: ($0.33) T (2 players)
      CO bets $0.19, Hero calls $0.19.

River: ($0.71) 7 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.71.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of nines(A Q).
      CO shows two pairs, tens and nines(Q T).

CO wins with two pairs, tens and nines(Q T).
  • 5 replies
      Bronze
      I don't mind the call pre-flop although when playing 4-handed I think a raise would have been more suitable especially when you have position.

On the flop I definitely would have raised. That flop doesn't help a lot of your opponents range and you have a nut-flush draw. You can take down the pot right on the flop or at least have a flush draw and overcards if your opponent calls
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 0744379
      I don't mind the call pre-flop although when playing 4-handed I think a raise would have been more suitable especially when you have position.

On the flop I definitely would have raised. That flop doesn't help a lot of your opponents range and you have a nut-flush draw. You can take down the pot right on the flop or at least have a flush draw and overcards if your opponent calls
      All what you suggested here I would play it that way before i joined the course but since I m taking part in the course I try not to overplay things. Because they always say in this pot that with a raise I would only isolate myself against better hands and we don t want that because we still have a playable hand that can improve and on the other side I can capitalize the dead money. I do not 3bet that kind of much anymore. I think my problem here is find the right mix from what I learned and better understanding it in some spots. We will see what the coach will say.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Most likely if I am playing it passively preflop with such a hand then most likely I'd even consider raising the flop while we might even sometimes make better hands to fold like weak PPs and of course AK. But of course taking a passive approach isn't that huge mistake either.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Would you 3bet preflop or take this line preflop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Would you 3bet preflop or take this line preflop?
      Both options are fine. Do you think he is capable of calling you with worse Ax hands or Qx hands? If we could expect that then sure fire a 3bet. But usually it would be 3bet/Fold since we can't really be far-ahead vs his 4bet range.