Permyr

• permyr
      permyr
      Bronze
      Quite experienced 'play money' player.

I have been able to find the, what I think, is needed time for serious poker play.

My style is kind of gutfeeling play, and for that reason I have desided to get me an real strategy and learn to follow a strategy.

I have played full ring , shorthanded an HU.
      (I like HU the most, but).

I biggest leak 'currently known' is that I overestimates my abilities and start to try to outplay player out of position.
      I don't consider tilt as an problem since I use Skalandky $ to hande suckouts.
      My sessions might be to long but that probably the same area as my overestimation of my abilities of post flop play.

Got to G
      time rfor coaching... Cya
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck permyr,

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

Few of the things you already mentioned in your into you gonna use also in the homework. So if you point there out as well, we gonna talk about it. :)

Best Regards.
    • permyr
      permyr
      Bronze
      Q1
      My motivation for playing poker is that I like the game and really would like to get the best out of it.
      That means to learn selfcontrol, rational thinking and earn money on doing it.

Q2
      motional decisions, and not basing my play on strategies.

Q3
      Tight = playing the top range of possible cards
      Agressive = playing 'fast'. Raise instead of calling. Bet instead of checking.
      Tight agressive = both simultanious
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What about tilting? Do you adjust to it?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.