do you cbet this Flop?
      how do you play this hand?

thanks.
  • 13 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes, I´d c-bet flop with fold equity+ you have quite strong hand with overcards+oesd. I think barreling turn is fine, although if he c/c flop I think he would not really going to c/f turn, but since you have a lot of outs against one pair hands+ he may c/c again turn his draws I think barreling there is fine.
      I´d valuebet river 1.5$. 47/20$ might easily call you down with worse hands getting good enough odds.

Best regards,
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I´d valuebet river 1.5$. 47/20$ might easily call you down with worse hands getting good enough odds.

Hi Kaitz20,

what is this "1.5$. 47/20$" as you write above?
      How much you will vbet on River? 1/3 pot?

thanks.
    • Paszczi01
      Paszczi01
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Hi,

Hi Kaitz20,

thanks.
      Hi, 1.5$ is bet sizing ;) 47/20 is vpip/pfr , $ is probably missclick :s_cool:
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Paszczi01
      Hi,

Hi Kaitz20,

thanks.
      Hi, 1.5$ is bet sizing ;) 47/20 is vpip/pfr , $ is probably missclick :s_cool:
      Hello Paszczi01,

thank you for your help. :D
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes, I´d c-bet flop with fold equity+ you have quite strong hand with overcards+oesd. I think barreling turn is fine, although if he c/c flop I think he would not really going to c/f turn, but since you have a lot of outs against one pair hands+ he may c/c again turn his draws I think barreling there is fine.

Best regards,
      Can you explain why Hero can valuebet on the river? On such board I always 100% check the river because I'm afraid I'll get a though decision if Villain raise my valuebet. I know that if we put Villain on range, Hero is ahead but not too much to compensate when Villain c/r the river.
      Please explain a bit this spot because I think I lose some +EV on such board.

And What's your river decision if Villain slightly more aggresive (AF ~2.0, Aggession ~40%)? Could Hero valuebet the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Flop: Well, I don't like that much to CB such a board:
      a) He isn't ever going to fold any draws/pairs, this kind of board hardly hits a lot of his calling range even. :D
      b) He is passive and if he doesn't have a hand he isn't going to Bet it anyways.
      c) We don't want to build up the pot in case we even do hit. Since there is FD possible, better straights possible.

As played
      Turn: Especially I don't like the 2nd barrel there? Why should we ever 2nd barrel there against loose opponent? Never-ever, standard spot to Check behind I'd say rather than 2nd barrel. Our only plan would be to barrel the turn with made hand.

As played
      River: Well, I don't really like the idea of betting for value. He has some backdoors FDs in his range, some Ax hands in his range which make 2pairs. Of course we could pick the thin value but we already made a bad play on early streets. :( But usually if you are playing it this way then you most likely should also value-bet the river as well, since your idea betting the turn was kinda for value, since you ain't making many hands to fold on the turn with your Bet.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

I agree with you points.
      Let say, we check behind Flop and he bets Turn, I guess we should call but I am not sure we can call a 2/3 pot bet and then we have to fold River if he bets again even though we hit the Ace. what do you think about it?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hi veriz,

I agree with you points.
      Let say, we check behind Flop and he bets Turn, I guess we should call but I am not sure we can call a 2/3 pot bet and then we have to fold River if he bets again even though we hit the Ace. what do you think about it?

thanks.
      Well, most likely I'd just give up the hand. Already 2 flushdraws possible, not sure how many cards will even help us. :) If he bets really small then we might consider calling.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hi veriz,

I agree with you points.

thanks.
      Well, most likely I'd just give up the hand. Already 2 flushdraws possible, not sure how many cards will even help us. :) If he bets really small then we might consider calling.
      what do you mean by really small bet? Less than 1/3 pot?
      Let say he bets the "really small" on Turn then call the "really small" bet on River?

thank you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      what do you mean by really small bet? Less than 1/3 pot?

Well, something similar. :D Has to be in my eyes something really stupid and block-betting, like having a small pair or a draw himself.

Let say he bets the "really small" on Turn then call the "really small" bet on River?

Call again if he bets again the river small.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

You say that you will check behind Flop against this passive player.
      how about against unknown?

thanks.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I dont understand why we should check on the flop.

We have:
      1. Position
      2. Straigh draw
      3. Overcards

Ok, Villain was a calling station so we have little fold equity. But if we put his range as 35% (I think it's reasonable range) we still ahead.

Simulated 100000 Holdem Hands (Monte Carlo)
      Simulation by Slice - The ev++ Equity Calculator
      Board :: Tc8s9s
      code:

Player   Equity   Win Hi   Tie Hi  Range      

1       48.2     44.7     7.0      35%  
         2       51.8     48.4     7.0      [A]J 

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Of course it's considerable to bet. But myself I don't like to bet in those spots. We are just building up the pot and even if we hit our straight we practically will not know where we stand. While all the outs ain't clean. He could easily have as well something like KJ which gives him a better straight and do you really want to play for the stacks on further streets? And of course he could already have QJ.