Jellyheadz

• Jellyheadz
      Jellyheadz
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

A few words about me playing poker so far. I started about 3 years ago. First home games and later online. Didn't know much about the game so i kept losing money and make more deposits.. I then decided to try and study a little about the game by reading books and mostly from watching videos. I hate to tell that..but first video i watched was from Howard Lederer on youtube, a series for beginners and one for advanced players. It was really helpful.. Also pokertrikz helped me a lot with his free coaching videos to start multitabling 6-max cash games. So i made another 10$ deposit on FullTilt. This time using proper bankroll management and also getting rakeback i grind it up to 150$ playing 2NL 6max for 1,5 month. I played a little at 5NL and then FullTilt closed :evil: So i joined Pokerstars and make a deposit of 25$ but this time playing tournaments. I was really lucky to cash out quickly at 2 MTTs and reached 600$. But i decided to withdraw my money and dropped my bankroll to 50$. After quiting for a while i started again this month playing 1.5$ and 2.5$ turbo STG's at Pokerstars but didn't find it very profitable. I almost cashed out when i tried to gamble at a 4.40$ SNG 180 Man. I left 9th at the final table shoving AA vs AK when one King hit on the flop and another one on the %$^#!* river...first place paying 220$ and i left with 12$ :baby: :baby: That would 've been a good boost for my bankroll X( and i would be able to play maybe 10NL. I find it kind of boring to grind again at 2NL especially without rakeback.

My main goal right now is to put more time at the tables and start playing more serious and intensively so i can build my bankroll fast. I cannot decide whether i should play tourneys or cash. Or maybe i need to find a good balance between them. It's just that grinding is more like a job..on the other hand tourneys are way more fun :P I also want to get HM2 for free by clearing the bonus on one of their supported sites. Yesterday a friend of mine told me about the 50$ starting capital bonus on PokerStrategy! I did the quiz and registered at Poker770 :D . I really like this site (very well organized) and hope to continue with the lessons and learn even more!

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I think poker is a fun way to make money and a very interesting and intelligent game!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I get tilted from the countless bad beats i've experienced on FullTilt and PokerStars (fish always hitting 2 outs on the river :evil: ) and also by losing big pots with big hands. I multitable (6-9 tables) playing fairly tight preflop and aggressive (valuebetting) postflop, but is it possible not to lose money when holding AA vs a set? ?( I try to avoid getting involved in bad spots or stack off with dominated hands but so many times i have 2nd nuts and cant really fold.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Don't play a lot of hands preflop and bet for value when you hit your hand. Try to have position so you can maximize value.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.