The $17 Grind!

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      So back after a long while away, although i havent been away from poker I have been away from this site.. University holding me back from my real duties :(

Lets just see if ingrid, tim etc are all still floating around somewhere :)

My news goals are to be studying massievly for mid stakes SNG, as in mid march im having a big pay day and a step forward for poker, and deposited quiet abit of money in pokerstars.

I've changed poker room to stars now, and after playing so many $1.50 hyper turbo sngs, ive gone to realise its not about the money, and i do generally love the game of poker. I love the middle stages and fucking with peoples heads :) I know im a horrible bastard :)

If anyone has tips on sng videos, or if i should actually stay sng over cash / MTT, then please let me know, ive seen most of Chenny's videos. :)

Follow on twitter :)
      https://twitter.com/#!/spungeh
  • 52 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to blog section Spungeh :) glad to see you here! best of luck at the tables!
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Thank you. Glad to be here.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well done sir! I will be following ofc. ;)
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Thats always good a good thing :)

Cant convert these to a hand structure as on Titan.

But a bad beat to get knocked out the SnG

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (IPoker)
      Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, November 23, 04:32:55 ET 2011
      Table SUPER TURBO 1 Double up10 654106241 (Real Money)
      Seat 4 is the button
      Seat 1: Hero ( $1900.00 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 13, 3B: 7, AF: 2.8, Hands: 392
      Seat 2: Player2 ( $2870.00 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Seat 3: Player3 ( $1520.00 USD ) - VPIP: 8, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Seat 4: Player4 ( $560.00 USD ) - VPIP: 9, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 22
      Seat 5: Player5 ( $3130.00 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Seat 6: Player6 ( $1140.00 USD ) - VPIP: 14, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 36
      Seat 8: Player8 ( $2470.00 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Seat 10: Player10 ( $1410.00 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 8, 3B: 20, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      Player5 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player6 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player8 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player10 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Hero posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player2 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player3 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player4 posts ante of [$100.00 USD].
      Player5 posts small blind [$400.00 USD].
      Player6 posts big blind [$800.00 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ Kd Jc ]
      Player8 folds
      Player10 folds
      Hero raises [$1800.00 USD]
      Player2 folds
      Player3 folds
      Player4 folds
      Player5 folds
      Player6 calls [$240.00 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 7c, Th ]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
      ** Dealing River ** [ Ah ]
      Hero wins $760.00 USD from main pot
      Player6 wins $3280.00 USD from main pot
      Player6 shows [9h, 3h ]
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Updated for some goals tonight, which I will be doing on partypoker starting around 11-12ish.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      just played around 26 tournoments, in the money for 29.9%

Got to get some kip now, but will be back tomorrow, aiming for around 20-30tournoments before i head of for the night.

Few things today at low stakes that I learnt.

:spade: Play ABC Poker
      :spade: Dont Bluff / Semi-Bluff
      :spade: $1 SnG are full of fish
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Great things are on the way. Remember those starting hands charts from Strat section.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Good to see you back Spungeh!

Hoping to see you with alot of new threads in the Your Success section in the very near future :)

MTTs are high variance but it only takes one good run to make the difference :)

All the best and may the flips be on your side,

Gary
    • luckskaiworker
      luckskaiworker
      Bronze
      nice, looking forward to see some big mtt wins here :)

dunno, this might be interesting for you:
      [UK-BIRMINGHAM] Looking for cheap Place to sleep on 16th-19th Dec.
      let me hear if you are interested ;)
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      The starting hand charts are useful.. PDF on my iphone.

Im just using it after to review, so that it gets stuck in my head more, learn from mistakes better. & thanks for the help so far.

Thanks HollyM i look forward to posting in there.

Time to hit the tables..

Ill update soon.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Found it impossible to make any sort of profit on $1 buy ins, so having to do aggressive BRM, as i have to play $3 as rake etc is ridiculous.

Bit of a weird up and downy graph, hopefully get it to go up more and more now im playing where i feel comfortable.

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      So little bit of an up swing, and seen to be +EV, so lets carry on

[Edited by fruktpuff]
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Obviously when rejected in the stake forum, you are not welcome to apply for stakes in your blog. Sorry but I had to edit that information out.

Anyways, good luck making the required up to $149.00 for HM2+OM2!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Can't you withdraw and move to a site with slightly less rake?

You will seriously struggle to find a backer for $3 and $6 games until you prove you can profit at, at least $1 games imo
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Obviously when rejected in the stake forum, you are not welcome to apply for stakes in your blog. Sorry but I had to edit that information out.

I think that is a stupid rule, as do many others that dont want to sit on a forum and post, i think its a cheap shot from PS, but whatever

But thanks for good luck.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Can't you withdraw and move to a site with slightly less rake?

You will seriously struggle to find a backer for $3 and $6 games until you prove you can profit at, at least $1 games imo
      Well the rake is awful i know, but its not much difference and swapping everything over is just hassle for not much of a difference.

I know a backer isnt going to be easy to find, but its the only way im going to be able to move up to $6 limits due to not having a BR
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

I think that is a stupid rule, as do many others that dont want to sit on a forum and post, i think its a cheap shot from PS, but whatever

But thanks for good luck.
      The rules are there to protect our members as much as we can from being scammed. If our members want to be considered for a stake then they should get themselves well known in the community first this is helpful to both sides of the staking deal. It's def not a cheap shot :)

I know a backer isnt going to be easy to find, but its the only way im going to be able to move up to $6 limits due to not having a BR
      I dont really think this is true either so many of our members have grinded up through the limits starting at $1 games, you need to remember there is no quick route to long term success. You won't suddenly wake up and be able to crush the $3's and $6's because the rake is a slightly less % you need to work hard everyday on your game and practise good brm right from the off.

Surely moving to a room with lower rake would give you a better edge on beating the $1 games so maybe it wouldnt be too much hassle but obv this is your decision, i just think you need to build up a decent sample of games before anyone will consider staking you.

Hope you understand these rules and don't take this as a personal attack, im more than happy to speak about these things in more detail if you would like/want

Carl
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I know why its there, im just saying it should be a 300 posts or a time limit, I prefore reading all the threads than writing a post that says 'cool' or something..

But the people that do that, can get a stake? as they much be more trustworthy, and better people to the site?

Ive had gold status twice, im currently silver and playing poker all the time, I talk to members on skype and get along with them.

Yet I cant ask for a stake simply because i havnt spammed enough
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      You don't have to spam, obv when if you reach 300 posts and we look what the posts have been and they are all "+1" and "cool story bro" it looks shady and you probably wont be accepted again.

It really doesn't take too long to reach 300 constructive posts, while making these you can make more poker playing friends, vital to your progression as a player. It's seriously not a big ask though and we are just trying to do our best to protect both you and all our PokerStrategy.com members.

Im sorry if you don't agree with the staking rules or if you think that they are unfair towards certain members but unfortunately the rules are there for a reason and the only way to keep it fair is to enforce them on everyone