EX-YU.PokerStrategy.com

• Kerigen
      Kerigen
      Bronze
      Hi Strategists
      I have suggestion, PokerStrategy on Serbian/Croatian language for EX-YU Republics. I think we have a lot of strategists from these republics, Serbia, Croatia , Macedonia, Bosnia and Hecegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, and we all know and undestand this language, so.... If here supporters for this idea?

• 49 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Kerigen,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see how its developing. Will make sure to point the right person here and get you some feedback from our side :)

Ingrid
    • Kerigen
      Kerigen
      Bronze
      Thanks Ingrid , we wait for feedback :heart:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well im from Slovenia and i can't speak Serbian or Croatian so i got no use for it.
    • caksi
      caksi
      Bronze
      I'm in
    • Kikser1214
      Kikser1214
      Bronze
      Good idea, new players find it hart to understand English poker terminology, and get lost in articles like mi couple of years ago.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'm not sure about the idea ...but I guess it would work if the articles got translated into every language from the area. That won't be easy to do. However I'd be prepared to help with translations into Slovenian. Don't know the other lingos well enough to be able to help.
    • Kerigen
      Kerigen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Well im from Slovenia and i can't speak Serbian or Croatian so i got no use for it.
      Hi Matej , ok you maybe know good English or other language , but I think that a lot of people here that would used this site, of course and new members who has weak English.
      I think you can be a bit of solidarity. Best Regards and greethings to Slovenia.
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      True, many Slovene players nowadays (especially the younger ones) don't understand the Croatian or Serbian language quite well. I, myself, would have to pay a lot of attention to understand everything.

Anyhow, if this, or any similiar suggestion ever gets accepted, I will gladly offer my help with any translating from English to Slovene. I'd also be willing to do other tasks than translating, if needed.
    • GuliverF
      GuliverF
      Bronze
      it would be really nice to have brotherhood and unity together again as in old times.SFRJ was in many ways better for everybody.But as always politics ruin it all.Lets join at least in poker together again.
      Have fun and some lady luck on your side at the tables everybody.

count me in
      GuliverF from Slovenia
    • Kerigen
      Kerigen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GuliverF
      it would be really nice to have brotherhood and unity together again as in old times.SFRJ was in many ways better for everybody.But as always politics ruin it all.Lets join at least in poker together again.
      Have fun and some lady luck on your side at the tables everybody.

count me in
      GuliverF from Slovenia
      Yes GuliverF, you are 100% in right , many many ways better, but as you say politics everything demolished... so we are free here on pokerstrategy and we can be together, as in the business sphere, people with common interests :) . We can invite some friends from comunity to give support to this tread.
      Regards
    • shacal01
      shacal01
      Bronze
      im from croatia, and i'm in. I like thats idea and is not truth well slovenia not understand our language ;) . Population of Cro, Slo, Serbia, BiH, Montenegro and Macedonia is over 20 milion and that's gonna be big groop of poker players
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Croatia here, would love to see this idea go through although i have no problem at all all with english i'd love to see "Ex YU" community spring into life so people who have limited or no knowledge of english have easier time learning more about poker.

This is indeed a good suggestion, but i would exclude Slovenians and Macedonians not because i have anything against them but because a lot of (probably most of them) younger people from those countries have a hard time understanding Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian as pointed out by our Slovenian friends. Those of them who do understand it could still use it if they want of course.
    • GuliverF
      GuliverF
      Bronze
      If this doesnt come true i quit!
      I will never post here again!

:D :) :) :) :)

<-------- (look at my post count)
      (did he ever post here???)
    • diamondMKD
      diamondMKD
      Bronze
      I do not agree with boboistina ... i`m from Macedonia, count me in...and many of us Macedonians love this idea by Kerigen, we understand perfectly well both Serbian and Croatian...if there is someone who does not understand, he does not have to join. But its not god to "exclude" someone, as we were part from Ex_YU
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      South reporting , south reporting ... very nice idea.
      Macedonian supporter has arrive ! I`m all-in! Over. :)
    • weedo25
      weedo25
      Bronze
      Hi from croatia
      Definitely interesting thread, i am not very keen for this sort of segregation but who knows maybe i ll change my mind.
      Article translation is splendid idea and i will like to help if it ever happens.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tunatic
      True, many Slovene players nowadays (especially the younger ones) don't understand the Croatian or Serbian language quite well. I, myself, would have to pay a lot of attention to understand everything.
      This is true.

Originally posted by Kerigen
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Hi Matej , ok you maybe know good English or other language , but I think that a lot of people here that would used this site, of course and new members who has weak English.
      I think you can be a bit of solidarity. Best Regards and greethings to Slovenia.
      But this is deffo more true.

And with a bit of working brain, languages are very similair easily interchangable and understandable.

I support this kind of development.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      one more thing I thought about is that I would lose you all if this would ever be considered so I vote to translate the articles and study materials but would like to have you guys on this forum :heart:

As it is right now, I'm sure we don't have it within our plans to create another 3 communities but this thread definitely helps us to review your needs and would consider making them come true if our resources allow us.

keep them coming
      Ingrid
    • shacal01
      shacal01
      Bronze
      Many people from ex-yu are just reading forum. Interesting posts or threads we can translate to english ofc...