This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - QQ on K98 OOP

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $20,58
      Hero:
      $27,05
      CO:
      $27

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,10, Hero raises to $1,35, CO calls $1,10, SB folds.

Flop: ($2,95) K:spade: , 9:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,8, CO calls $1,80.

Turn: ($6,55) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO calls $4,00.

Since i'm OOP i can't stop betting since he can call with weaker hands + don't want to face a bet on turn/river from villain.

River: ($14,55) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $14,55
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can ofcourse bet turn, but that doesn´t really make your life too easy if he decides to bluffraise you or bet on the river after calling turn. So you´re building big pot oop with marginal hand, that´s why I would try to go pot control /induce bet from floats and also from time to time c/c turn and c/c most rivers.
      If player is passive you can ofcourse fold to river bet, but until I have specific reads that he would not bluff with missed draws or turn his made hands into bluffs I think c/c with showdown value is reasonable line. And if he is really passive he would generally check back Kx hands and would only bet his two pair+ and sometimes bluffs, so it should be rather call than fold consider all his hand combos.

Best regards,
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Yeah i see your point, against a passive villain like CO c/c turn c/f river.
      But would i still c/c turn c/c river against a aggressive player which would turn my hand into a bluffcatcher + give away freecards where i could be the favourite?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You first have to realize that against Kx your equity really is very bad and since he would not fold Kx to your turn bet it doesn´t really have no sense. You´re protecting against draws, but he also then has to fold his flop floats to your turn bet+ you can´t b/c there, so if he is really tricky and know you have there wide second barrel range I think he would bluffraise you quite often.
      So unless you don´t know what hands he is floating on the flop I´d prefer going to showdown to get more information and then play accordingly either barreling turn or c/c turn.