Always a bad start?

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      I'm a Average poker player, Nothing special still learning :) However where i lose most of my money is at the start of my session, I have less concentration i ussually just jump in to a two tabling Micro stakes and ussualy start off in the red but end in the green , Why is this? How can i stop this? Thanks.
  • 13 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Happens to me too. Karma :f_biggrin:
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      ussualy start off in the red but end in the green

Why is this? How can i stop this? Thanks.

Wait!So,you want to stop winning?
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision
      ussualy start off in the red but end in the green

Why is this? How can i stop this? Thanks.

Wait!So,you want to stop winning?
      spam
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Also,you could tilt your computer to the left.This way,some green drips in yo red,kno' wut'm'sayin'?
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Haha, No i love ending in the green however im leaking chips at the start and i want to close the gap :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      might be just purely variance, might be your mind needs some warm up, and you are the only one to know which one it is

oh, and try watching some poker videos, or reading hand history forum before playing, might help with warming up
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      might be your mind needs some warm up

On a more serious note,concentration and things like these are really in your control.Just do what works for you.Some of us play music,some of us have specific pre-session rituals,i don't know,like checking HEM and stuff like that.

With only two tables opened it will become increasingly harder to stay focused as the time passes.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've moved this thread to the relevant board :)

Keep it friendly
      Ingrid
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      i never had a bad start unless i make it...However, i stop playing cash game, cant handle the variance, so i start playing micro tour n SNG.

In micro, 10cents play many tables
      Over $1.50-$3.50 table play LESS table so u can concentrate who is who.

Bad beat is part of the game.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Happens to me also, i think its cos you dont connect all the time with the board and so after a few flops you connect and get into the green. Say we call with the correct odds with a PP. We dont hit the board everytime, and so we may go into the red for the first 3 or 4 PPs, until we hit our set and get value from it, which takes us into the green. Things like this imo :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xeonz123
      Haha, No i love ending in the green however im leaking chips at the start and i want to close the gap :)
      Personally I had this problem but now before I play a session I hit the hand evaluation board and try to evaluate someones hand. Gets my brain into thinking mode, so now when I begin a session im ready to play 100%
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      oh, and try watching some poker videos, or reading hand history forum before playing, might help with warming up

^^ what he said.

just like with sports or feats of endurance, sometimes it is good to prepare your mind or body by warming up. mindset coaches will also tell you to do a little breathing just to relax and focus completely.

i know exactly what you mean, Xeonz123. i myself make more mistakes earlier on in the session when i am not yet fully concentrated on the tables. i think it is not an uncommon experience. watching a vid or reading a hand history will help get your brain in the zone :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Happens to me as well!
      But often I lose a whole stack with AA pre AI and that **** So it's not like I'm not in the zone, it's just rigged at the beginning of my session :D

Lol hell no just bad luck I quess....