Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows K:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 80.1%, Turn 84.1%)

BTN shows 4:diamond: J:diamond:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 19.9%, Turn 15.9%)

BTN wins $11.64

Hi!

Villain was unknown, after few hands played around 25/15, played fishy

Is it ok to c/r flop and allin with 140 bb or rather call?

I was thinking about a river bluff. Would it be ok? Or is he checking turn with QQ-AA to potcontrol? Dont think so. I wouldnt rep that much, only Tx or JJ probably, but maybe he doesnt think about it..

Showdown... :facepalm: :D

Ty
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi!

Villain was unknown, after few hands played around 25/15, played fishy

Is it ok to c/r flop and allin with 140 bb or rather call?

I was thinking about a river bluff. Would it be ok? Or is he checking turn with QQ-AA to potcontrol?
      Well you can do here check raise but just for generating for equity and nothing else...if you are behind in that spot you will do this with large -EV because you are here behind JJ+ at least.

He is never checking turn i guess with QQ+ for pot control but is betting for protection since there are so many flush and straight draw. I guess that if you play passively thinking player should now that you are easily on a draw in such a spot and also your 3bett call range has very little tens.

But as you mentioned probably he dont think much and is nice fish. And vs fish it is not worth to bluff to much since they call everything. Better wait for a nice spot and take all his stack in your pocket.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you always have fold equity even against overpairs I would prefer c/r flop and going with my hand. You´re flipping against JJ/AT and even against QQ you´re at quite good shape+ if he b/c flop KK/AA and turn is 9 I think he would going to fold your turn big bet.
      You should bluff river, since he would fold then Ax hands and likely also 7x and worse hands. he may go pot control with JJ-AA, but that isn´t really too big of his turn checking back range.

Best regards,