super nova!? stars.

• LeaKFinder
      LeaKFinder
      Bronze
      can you get to super nova playing small stakes?? on stars and what do u think the best way of doing this is? i'am a around a break even player.. any hlep on this would be great thanks :)
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey LeakFinder,

Wow, your first post!

Welcome to the community then! What took you so long in getting here?

Ok, I'm afraid it would be impossible to reach Supernova playing the micros to be honest with you.

Most of the SN players play the minimum of NL50-100 and maybe even higher.

It would take a massive amount of volume even at NL50 to make SN.

If you take a look at this website you can run some calculations to see what status you can make at PokerStars given weekly/monthly volume.

Hope this was helpful,

Best regards,
      Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there LeaKFinder,

As Gary mentioned it in his previous post, you can also calculate this yourself. But for example:

If you play nl10 , 5 hours/day, 80 hands/hour, on 15 table you'll reach supernova
      You can calculate it with less tables, maybe 7 only. depending on your style.

Ring Game (Cash Game)
      Ring Game Type: Hold'em
      Structure: No Limit
      Max Players: 6
      Table Stakes: $0.05/$0.10
      VPPs/Day 315
      VPPs/Week 2205
      VPPs/Month 9450
      YOUR 2011 VIP REWARDS: $477
      YOUR 2012 VIP REWARDS: $5,861
      spending fpp's Tournament Tickets & FPP Satellites

Ingrid
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Or take a look at this website to see average VPP/hand at different limits/game types.

But instead of trying to achieve Supernova, i'd suggest to focus on learning and becoming winning player. Cause as Supernova you would get only ~$5,000 rakeback in a year, but if you put enough effort in learning, i'm pretty sure it's likely that you'll be making $5,000/month just because you're winning player!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      +1 Bigniux :)
    • LeaKFinder
      LeaKFinder
      Bronze
      thanks every 1!! trying to learn all the time.. but i allways seem to run so bad when i get it in best!? u seem to win more on stars when u get it in bad lol. and if grinding nl-10 6max, are you having a full stack on all tables?? or would small stack be better? and sholud u be seeing more flops so u are paying more rake?? rather then 3 betting pre flop? thanks again all!!!
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      you should seriously read and learn a lot before you play judging from your last post.

GL
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      you should seriously read and learn a lot before you play judging from your last post.

GL
      This.