Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.80) 6:diamond: T:club: 3:club:

SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, SB folds

Hero shows 8:heart: 8:spade:

Hero wins $1.91

SB's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello,

I raise on Flop because I don't know what I should do on so many Turn cards. So, I go for raise/fold for information and value from flush draws and hopefully take it down on the Flop but if get call then I check/fold. Besides, usually how do we calculate raise size on Postflop? 3 times the bet?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Guess I am still not a huge fan of building up the pot with just mid-pair here. While the guy most likely will never fold here Tx. Rather would take pot control and just Call.

Pot size Raise = 3x his bet + pot.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Guess I am still not a huge fan of building up the pot with just mid-pair here. While the guy most likely will never fold here Tx. Rather would take pot control and just Call.

Pot size Raise = 3x his bet + pot.

Best Regards.
      Hello veriz,

do you always make pot size raise postflop?
      I see some players minraise my cbet and I have to fold my air and he shows it that is bluff and he says to me 'you are fish'. :f_mad:
      So, do you minraise VS cbet as bluff on dry Flop?
      I guess it is good to make pot size raise if the broad is drawy but how about dry broad?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      do you always make pot size raise postflop?

Nope, depends on the board, depends on the opponent and depends either I expect the raise to be value-raise or whatsoever. :P Usually on very drawy board with made hand I'd use pot size.

I see some players minraise my cbet and I have to fold my air and he shows it that is bluff and he says to me 'you are fish'.

Well, so what? We folded? In long run we might loose money if we don't. Don't be result oriented or based on the chat he writes to you.

So, do you minraise VS cbet as bluff on dry Flop?

Nope, not really, unless I have a really good reason to do so. :D

I guess it is good to make pot size raise if the broad is drawy but how about dry broad?

Well, I guess already explained that part. Dry boards we usually can as well raise smaller, near to your size. But we can't really pick the raise size according opponents bet, but rather take into account as well the pot size.