PS members scammed by Adapter1337

• TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Who am I
      - Thomas aka TwiceT, 26 from Vienna, Austria
      - PokerPro for 4 years, playing mainly Mid/High Stakes NLHE and PLO CashGames
      - Working as a coach for PokerStrategy.com for several years
      - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/profile/TwiceT
      - Businessman / Investor, finished BA masters, so I also try to pick up some dead moniez in RL :D

I believe in certain values and principles. Simo Luts (aka Fantaly on several PokerSites and Adapter1337 on PokerStrategy; other nicknames: poku / pokuorg / poku1 / simso) broke all of those. As a close friend I helped him out a lot:
      - Stakings
      - RL issues
      - He lived in my apartment in Vienna for 8 Weeks (I didn't charge a single $)
      - I bought him flight tickets
      - I helped him out with RL cash

overall he owes me => USD 7350,-

I feel forced to post that information in this forum. He should have paid me back and he should have replied to all my messages, which didn't happen for several months. Only once he replied and told me he will ship me USD 500,- per month from now on. I waited but that didn't happen either. Now, I have to take further actions and just wanted to inform the international Poker Community and especially the Estonian Poker Players not to get involved with Simo too much. I strongly advice everybody not to conduct any sort of business with him, since he is capable of even scamming close friends ...

PokerStrategy members Simo owes money to:

Dylboi1 (UK): USD 1000,-
      TheLastNail (SVK): EUR 630,- & USD 500,-
      SM112 (EST): EUR 400,-
      TwiceT (AUT): USD 7350,-

I wouldn't be surprised if he also owes money to other people.

His PokerStrategy account got closed, however since another PS member (for now I'm not posting his nickname) is living with him in Estonia, I am sure he has access to all the forums.

I will be in Estonia in December to take further actions. If anybody wants to contact me, feel free to add me on Skype (TwiceT) anytime.

Best regards from Vienna,
      Thomas aka TwiceT
  • 91 replies
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      [11:29:37 AM] kristjan laas: douring WCOOP he staked me into abbout 10 tournaments, which didnt go too well with only 1 2nd day and overall i think $-1k, so i assume that was with your money also

[11:31:22 AM] kristjan laas: but overall with the stakes with him i am up like $8k

WTF!??!?! how ridic is that. stakes others with my money without telling me and obv keeping the profits. FML!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Really lame, I feared it might be Simo after his blog died / general disappearance and when you said in your blog it was someone close..

The poker world might be great to party and holla holla $$$ but honestly, I think the overall quality of people probably isn't that great.. (not that im saying there arn't some mofo cool guys) I think being addicted to poker is borderline gambling addiction, I also think with the stresses of RL and the quality of the person, it can send some people off the edge..

Anyway really disappointed in Simo because as you say, you did put in a shitload of effort with Simo (ofc I only know the stuff you did publicly and you probably did a tonne more behind the scenes) to help him become and pro and ultimately improve his quality of life. The blog/project you did together was totally inspiring and it's really upsetting that ppl can go ahead and destroy that, especially because in the future ppl are like "whats the point if this this and this always happens".

Ultimately, what he did was totally wrong and really highlights the fact that it's hard to trust anyone in this world.. I only hope he comes to his senses, does the right thing and work out some realistic schedule by which he will stick to, to pay you guys back.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      just sick -.-

edit: I googled him and it seems that he has been scamming in Estonian car and technology forums since 2002
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      So ugly... I hope you know what to do when in Estonia.
      GL
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Had a similar experience with another pokerstrategy member, though not to the same extent or for as much money. Hate to see it happen and hate to take a chance on staking people because of these cases. Even with all of the bad happening around such cases I still think it's good they become public if they went bad. Maybe through revealing them one day we'll be able to find a way to stake people without as much risk to either party.

Good luck with retrieving ur money ... would be interested to hear what methods worked in the end.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I think next time someone asks for a stake, give them $50 and tell them to grind it out if they're so great at poker, and ship you $100 in six months time. Guaranteed 100% ROI if it's anyone any good.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I have no clue what personal info you have on Simo and i'm not particularly interested in getting involved, however if, when you do contact anyone of any legal authority, or I guess if you wish to try to contact Simo then.. you can easily retrieve his home address by using a whois on his website/blog http://fantaly.com/

i.e. http://whois.domaintools.com/fantaly.com

Of course you may already know these details ;)
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      yes we do, but ty. already quite a big team of estonian and non estonian guys. we have to fight this injustice!

overall, info pls only via skype not here publicly in the thread.
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      This is aweful
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      ugly ..why doesnt someone start a thread with the scammers around???
    • Holman123
      Holman123
      Bronze
      Goodluck with it TwiceT
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      As I've studied psychology myself I find this topic interesting. I've read through many similar threads and I've come to think that this type of large scale and prolonged scamming activity shares common traits with mental illness rather than rational behaviour. It's like cleptomania, they get some sort of kick out of it, maybe it's even more important than the money itself.

Sickening of course. To screw over somebody who puts so much energy in helping you out - that's just unnatural. I refuse to believe that anybody right in his head is capable of doing that. Just some thoughts.
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      This is just sick :| I`m sorry for u TT.

I hope you ` ll get your money back and that *#@@ will be punished.
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      - He lived in my apartment in Vienna for 8 Weeks (I didn't charge a single $)
      - I bought him flight tickets
      - I helped him out with RL cash

Like srlsy what kind of person does this to a guy who have help out so much. The point that he is staking others is just ugly, by not even paying you back. Such persons deserve to get beat up daily. BTW these guys fail at life longterm.
      Still 8 weeks freerolling, like WTF, just want to see that guys face.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      I've read through many similar threads and I've come to think that this type of large scale and prolonged scamming activity shares common traits with mental illness rather than rational behaviour. It's like cleptomania, they get some sort of kick out of it, maybe it's even more important than the money itself.
      I think alot of these staking scammer have another sickness which cause them to scam, its called a gambling addiction.
    • edismah
      edismah
      Bronze
      I'm in if you need a bat or something.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      I think if theres anything pattern like about this kind of behavior it suggests that average people are overly willing to support those they care about, and that this can continue until that friend/loved one no longer has the drive to support their own weight or learns to accept handouts to easily.

If I'm right these kind of collapses are inevitable and the recipient isn't entirely accountable, its often true that they've repaid some of the debt in other ways, and I'd imagine its quite unrewarding to learn proper habits when your efforts to reform are framed in a somewhat negative light (paying bad debts).
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      wtf twicet? you run awful at this, i'm yet to be scammed still (hope that didn't jinx me cause some people do owe me money atm). unlucky and gl in future
    • bonebt
      bonebt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      I've read through many similar threads and I've come to think that this type of large scale and prolonged scamming activity shares common traits with mental illness rather than rational behaviour. It's like cleptomania, they get some sort of kick out of it, maybe it's even more important than the money itself.
      I think alot of these staking scammer have another sickness which cause them to scam, its called a gambling addiction.
      +1

at first dint want to comment anything about this borrowing $$ and then not paying back
      but i dont like where this kind of threads are going so tl,dr, wall of words coming:

I personally don't know nobody involved in this,

I like TwiceT reading his blog from time to time, like the contribution he gives to community etc overall i think he is a smart cool guy who is/will be winner in life and i'm sorry that this has happen to him

About this estonian villain this is first time i read about him so i dont know anything about him (what i read here about him is not very good)

when all that said I want to make clear something

- I dont like when threads like this r made ( open threads and people who r not personally involved to be able to post any kind of shit in this thread including private data) imo this should be closed thread after first post of TT => he informed community that this guy is not trustworthy, gives history => that he helped him a lot of times and he give him X amount of $$ and hi is not paying back and that he recommends that nobody should trust this guy and imo thread should be closed with no comments from parties that r not involved in it

- I really dont like when people, who dont even have a clue who villain is, but the fact that he owes some $$ to their hero (the dont know any history why he is not able to pay and stuff), are all over thread posting stuff that they shouldn't post at public forum for obv reasons

- I like the way TT is reacting to this stuff
      Originally posted by TwiceT

overall, info pls only via skype not here publicly in the thread.
      - to make it clear i really really hate people who r not trustworthy, especially when this people become friends to u and u do a ton of favors to them, give them $$ and stuff and they ignore u and make u fell like u r dumb or retard
      also people like villain make harder for every one to give/take stake

but we all got to realize this
      is not about $$, this is frustrating situation cos you feel betrayed, cos u were helping your friend with best intention but obv he wasnt worth it, u r so angry cos u fail in making good judgment about your friend intention, u r angry cos u were expecting that he was something that he never was, u r angry that u open up your self to be scammed, btn line u r angry and frustrated cos ur expectation were wrong and doesnt come true

- TT let him live in ur ap for 8 weeks no charge=> nice thats what friends do
      - he pay for his flight tickets => nice thats what friends do
      - Stakings, RL issues, RL cash etc => nice thats what friends do

TT, u helped him cos he was your friend and u thoght that u r making +EV decisions, but obv u were wrong and he obv dint do his part of the relationship and end ups in dept to u $$ so u fell betrayed

I dont know the circumstances but u got to realize that u give/borrow $$ to your friend who is poker player/gambler and poker players/gamblers do have downswings and bad times and they do end up broke and short of $$ most often then they dont so there is high risk involved(in this moment i have couple of friends/gamblers that owes me significant amount of $$ but they r having bad times so we r kinda on stand buy) and I'm not saying by any means to forgive the debt or something like that => debt is debt and it got to be payed.

TT i wish u best luck in getting your $$ back, and overall in life and hope that u get your $$ back and have success in life

about this Simo "Adaptor" guy, he should be ashamed of his actions and imo he is biggest looser in this situation cos he obv doesnt have $$ he owes + he loose a lot of his friends that can help him out to get out of this ugly shit and his reputation is ruined

remember karma is bitch, the hand that gives is always above the hand that receives