[NL2-NL10] nl4, fr, AA

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP2): $4.18 (104.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.35 (108.7 bb)
      CO: $1.48 (37 bb)
      MP1: $3.86 (96.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $4.21 (105.3 bb)
      UTG+1: $3.78 (94.5 bb)
      SB: $4.78 (119.5 bb)
      BB: $2.67 (66.8 bb)
      MP3: $4.06 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A A
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.16, UTG+2 calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.62) 4 K 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.44, BB raises to $0.95, UTG+2 raises to $4.01 and is all-in,Hero???

i've been having a big debate about this hand with my friend and we disagree with each other as to what i should have done. i would like to have some more opinions on this please.

besides betting closer to the size of the pot on the flop, what would be the best line of play here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Well, we could bet it bigger. But after BB raises and UTG2 even ships after his limp/Call I'd just fold the hand without knowing UTG2 overall. Not really worth risking while we haven't put much into the pot. Against some loose-maniacs I might even go broke here but while I don't know anything about UTG2 I'd rather fold.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi veriz thanks for the evaluation. i did end up folding it on the flop there. i didn't look at his stats and say "i don't know him so i fold", i just thought that they werent playing this way with anything less than 2pair/trips. is this the right way of looking at the situation?

it turned out that BB check raised with AKo (TPTK + backdoor FD) and UTG2 shoved with a flush draw. my hand would have held up but i still felt like it was a good fold - after all i needed to practice folding AA postflop and i thought this was a good opportunity..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hi veriz thanks for the evaluation. i did end up folding it on the flop there. i didn't look at his stats and say "i don't know him so i fold", i just thought that they werent playing this way with anything less than 2pair/trips. is this the right way of looking at the situation?

it turned out that BB check raised with AKo (TPTK + backdoor FD) and UTG2 shoved with a flush draw. my hand would have held up but i still felt like it was a good fold - after all i needed to practice folding AA postflop and i thought this was a good opportunity..
      Well, those things happen but we can't be sure of UTG range here and definitely take a note that he plays that aggressively with draws.