Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,05
      CO:
      $18,02

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,40, BU folds, Hero calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) A:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,90) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,8, Hero calls $0,80.

River: ($2,50) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2,50

CO was opening quite loosely from late position, so I thought my AJ beats his range there and went for a call pre flop.
      i hit the flop and play it passively. or should i donk into him at some point? he was playing aggressively post flop, and after he checked flop i was quite sure i hold the best hand (except maybe on river) but figured he would fold his air if i bet, and hoped he would take my double check as weakness and fire a bet with lesser hand. river diamond kind of scared me though
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Standard spot to bet yourself the turn than Check it. :) And most likely I'd also then bet the river.

Also calling preflop is questionable, while you gonna be OOP and there is another guy behind you.

Best Regards.
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      but do you think he would call the river with less than Ax ?
      and if we assume that he missed and has air, most likely he will fold to my donk bet and we miss his probable cbet

pre flop i just didn't want to fold AJ against this opponent, felt like i have better cards, but my 3bet was already very high at this table.
      also i think a lot of regs open much smaller aces from late position, so i cover his range often enough, but 3bet most likely would make smaller aces go away and bigger aces and some pocket pairs stay
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      but do you think he would call the river with less than Ax ?

Why not? After such a passive line he could easily even level himself to hero-call while he might think you are bluffing. You can't find that out, therefore bet the turn and river yourself rather just Check/Check/Check or whatsoever you went for, really not understandable here. :D
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      and if he decides to raise me on river? bet/fold for value?

i was playing check check check in the hopes to induce a bluff :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by foolboydesire
      and if he decides to raise me on river? bet/fold for value?

i was playing check check check in the hopes to induce a bluff :D
      Well, I'd Bet the turn since he Checked the flop. He could easily level himself into calling with any PPs and worse pairs and then of course Bet/Fold the river, doubt that he is raising there with bluffs.