This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AJo on SB

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,05
      CO:
      $18,02

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,40, BU folds, Hero calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) A:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,90) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,8, Hero calls $0,80.

River: ($2,50) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2,50

CO was opening quite loosely from late position, so I thought my AJ beats his range there and went for a call pre flop.
      i hit the flop and play it passively. or should i donk into him at some point? he was playing aggressively post flop, and after he checked flop i was quite sure i hold the best hand (except maybe on river) but figured he would fold his air if i bet, and hoped he would take my double check as weakness and fire a bet with lesser hand. river diamond kind of scared me though
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Standard spot to bet yourself the turn than Check it. :) And most likely I'd also then bet the river.

Also calling preflop is questionable, while you gonna be OOP and there is another guy behind you.

Best Regards.
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      but do you think he would call the river with less than Ax ?
      and if we assume that he missed and has air, most likely he will fold to my donk bet and we miss his probable cbet

pre flop i just didn't want to fold AJ against this opponent, felt like i have better cards, but my 3bet was already very high at this table.
      also i think a lot of regs open much smaller aces from late position, so i cover his range often enough, but 3bet most likely would make smaller aces go away and bigger aces and some pocket pairs stay
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      but do you think he would call the river with less than Ax ?

Why not? After such a passive line he could easily even level himself to hero-call while he might think you are bluffing. You can't find that out, therefore bet the turn and river yourself rather just Check/Check/Check or whatsoever you went for, really not understandable here. :D
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      and if he decides to raise me on river? bet/fold for value?

i was playing check check check in the hopes to induce a bluff :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by foolboydesire
      and if he decides to raise me on river? bet/fold for value?

i was playing check check check in the hopes to induce a bluff :D
      Well, I'd Bet the turn since he Checked the flop. He could easily level himself into calling with any PPs and worse pairs and then of course Bet/Fold the river, doubt that he is raising there with bluffs.