[NL2-NL10] AK 3bet or call

• HansTheGreat
      Hey guys,

I really need an advice here. I know that regarding MP2 stats(27/12/7.8/fold to 3bet(33%)-at that point didn t have them , HM didnt work) I could have easily 3bet but I kind off hate loosing position because without stats I m not calling his all in because I m trying to avoid variance. I just hate the line on the button with AK 3bet/fold. So I decided to call even knowing that I wasnt comfortable with my decision. When he weak cbet I decide to go for protection as there are a lot of draws that they could call as. But after his 3bet on the flop was my line correct? I mean did this without stats and so when I see it know it is for me very easy. But without stats did I overplay my AK?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.27) K, 8, 9 (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.34, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.62, Hero raises to $2.54, MP2 calls $1.34.

Turn: ($4.77) 3 (2 players)

River: ($4.77) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.77.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a pair of tens(T T).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(A K).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(A K).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: Kinda close spot to just flat here while you have so many opponents behind you, who can easily as well join in the pot. And we don't want to play AKo in multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: Well, close spot but of course it's doable. He may even have worse Kx hands in his range. If we raise there then most likely I'd ship it as well, the player doesn't look a good player either.

Best Regards.